Aguti front seats

binlicker

This 2013 MHFacts thread discussed removing Aguti seats

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/206-furnishings/114501-removing-stiff-aguti-revolving-seats.html

but the information may well not be relevant to your 2017 Pilote motorhome.

It’s commonplace with swivelling cab-seats to have to rotate and slide backwards and forwards the seats in order to reach all the fixing bolts. Logically, it ought to be practicable to remove your Galaxy’s seats, otherwise they could not have been fitted when the vehicle was built.

Try asking Hayes Leisure

https://www.pilote-motorhome.uk/european-dealer/hayes-leisure-3/

aa they’ve been Pilote agents for many years and - if any Pilote dealership can immediately say how to remove the Aguti seats from a Galaxy - it’s likely to be Hayes.

Thanks for your reply, but I only need to remove the part you put your bum on. A spring or a support wire has come loose and is sticking into the leather cover which needs to be re-attached before it pushes through. If all else fails it will have to go back to the dealer.

Thanks for the concern. I don't intend to remove any bolts just the seat cushion it appears to be held in place by screws on to a wood board but as I explained in the original thread I can only see 2 screws/bolts so I asked if anyone knew how it was attached.

I doubt if anyone can advise you about this as - although it’s not uncommon for people to ask about removing a motorhome’s complete seat - yours is the first enquiry I’ve read where the wish was just to detach the ‘squab’ from the seat.

I’ve fitted Recaro seats where it was fairly straightforward to separate the seat into two parts - a ‘base’ and a ‘backrest’ - but it was not practicable to separate the squab cushion from the base, nor the backrest cushion from the backrest’s steel frame.

I’d anticipate that Aguti, when it built your seats, to have treated the squabs as ’non-removable’ items and - although you can see a couple of fixing screws - it’s very possible a) that there are other screws you can’t see and/or b) that adhesive is also involved in the seat construction.

Go back to the dealer. These seats are hellish expensive and, if something has come detached within the structure of the squab itself, you may need to have a replacement seat fitted under warranty.

Another reason to take this problem back to the dealer is that (assuming this is a recent van) there are likely to be connections to the seatbelt tensioners under the seat and, for certain models, I think also the wiring for side airbags. Interventions, without knowing in advance which wires trigger which reactions, could just provoke a quite spectacular pyrotechnic display!

What Monique persistently fails to realise is that whatever ‘rules’ safety-conscious Belgian motorcaravanners may choose to adhere to, those rules will be totally irrelevant where courageous (but occasionally foolhardy) UK motorhome owners are concerned.

In this instance, though, where a (presumably still under warranty) 2017 motorhome is involved and it seems likely that it won’t be possible to remove the faulty Aguti seat’s squab without first detaching the seat from its mountings (and even then the squab might not come off without damage resulting) the problem definitely does need addressing by a Pilote dealership. The seats will have integrated seat-belts and, as Brian has warned, there will be cabling that will need disconnecting before a seat can be removed.

This link is to the website of the company that is the UK distributor for Aguti seating

http://leisurevehicleservices.co.uk/lvs-appointed-uk-distributors-for-aguti/

Thanks to all for the advice, I take on board the possibility of belt tensioners. When I noticed the problem I was with my family in sunny Hunstanton so I was trying to collate some info. Just got home and have had a good look. The seat is not a really a complicated unit and when I looked I found 2 more screws/ bolts. (4 in total) Just as Brian said 2 wires but they don't touch the seat squab/base so with the right size allan key off it came just a board and bit of leather and foam. All I need to do now is pull out a few staples and hopefully reattach the spring/tensioner. Yes it should have gone back to the dealer, but I don't know if you remember Brian a problem I was having with a Pioneer head unit not retaining POIs it's still the same been back 4 times with it, if I want to use the POIs I have to do a factory reset. It's 90 miles each way to the dealer so hopefully you can see where i'am coming from. If you want a job doing right then do it yourself. The dealer tried his best but, well that's just it but.

Archived