Air-con?

Guest wendy

Could anyone help please? We have a 2004 Bessacarr E745 which is our pride and joy. We bought her year ago and have had no problems so far!!! We want to install a roof mounted air conditioning unit and would like any info from anyone out there that already has air-con, eg. make, model price and where to get it fitted. Thanks Wendy.

There is an evaporative air-conditioner - avoids the electricity supply problem Do a Google search for GPI TRAV-L-COOL then click Translate Also see letter in MMM Jul05 page 24 - says works well reduces temp by 8-10C, from CAK tanks £750

• 3 weeks later...
WENDY, I TOYED WITH THE IDEA OF ROOF MOUNTED AIRCON AND DECIDED IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT WOULD BE USED. I BOUGHT A PORTABLE AIRCON UNIT FROM CURRYS OR DIXONS FOR £67,THE KIND YOU SEE IN OFFICES AND HOMES,AND IT WORKS BRILLIANTLY,WHEN IM TRAVELLING ITS STORED UNDER THE PULLMAN DINETTE TABLE. WHEN I USE IT, I PLACE IT UNDER THE OVERCAB BED LADDERS BETWEEN THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEATS,IT PLUGS INTO THE NORMAL 3 PIN SOCKET IN MY MOTORHOME AND HAS NEVER KEPT US AWAKE AT NIGHT AS ITS VERY QUIET, ITS GOT A TIMER,SET IT FOR WHEN YOU ARE OUT, NICE AND COOL WHEN YOU COME BACK IN.ITS PROBABLY THE BEST EXTRA IVE BOUGHT FOR OUR VAN AND WAS AGODSEND IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE IN JUNE.DEAD EASY TO USE, JUST TOP IT UP WITH WATER, NO LEAKS, DRAIN PLUG FOR EASY EMPTYING, GOOD LUCK.PS.IVE GOT A BESSACAR E495 WHICH WE LOVE. HAPPY TRAVELS

Ken Is that a true air-conditioner, or one of the evaporative jobs? (The reason I ask is £67 sounds remarkably cheap for a true air-con, and the evaporative ones need a small amopunt of current to drive the fan)

Wendy,its advertised as an air-con unit and it works just as good, Im not disapointed with it and £67 its worth a try, you can view it on Dixons or other "LECCY" websites,honest, its really worth it,better than £1500 for something your not really gonna use all the time, happy travels,Ken

Archived