Air suspension

Pete-B

Hi, My Bessie E462 has the EP levelling system fitted and just wondering what benefits I would get from having the full VB air suspension fitted and how much someone like SAP in Doncaster would charge?

I do tow a 7ft box trailer which carries our lecky bikes and other things like clothes and food etc which relieves the pressure of payload on the van.

Thanks for any advice.

Pete, we have both levellers and full air on our Ih 6.36m 4200kg panel van, both fitted by Mick at SAP. Air is fantastic, rear level at all times, front feels as if you are sitting on a bag of air, which I guess you are! Very smooth, takes away the harshness of the Ducato ride.

It’s linked to the levellers, when you stop, the air lowers the van then jacks deploy for max lift. Lots of other benefits, easy lowering for loading, tank emptying as it tips to one side etc etc.

Both are great but different. Cost about the same as levellers, so c £5k ish.

Bill

dicksob can you drivel whit the ducato if one air bellow is ruptured? Assume we are talking

here about front and rear suspension from VB.How is the interface of EP and VB working? The price in belgium for the two is 15000 euro now near to the pound sterling. So your pound 5k is optimistic. The SAP link is poor in information asthe vb site. It takes me a study of more than a year to underdtand every screw of alko and vb. Just test drive similar models before in vest. On resale it does not mean per se a benefit. It is very comprehensive to work whit it. Anyway the wind blows.

Hi Monique, yes full VB linked to E&P levellers. Interface works well, on operating levellers, van automatically drops on air suspension to give maximum lift for levellers. Or you can operate both seperatly manually.

On resale, my assumption is nothing back on air and I will swap the levellers to new van. However didn’t buy either on a “value for money” basis, they are an extravagance, but I love them both!!

On cost, we did rear air first then front, costs roughly as I stated.

Bill

Archived