Airbag Warning Light

Dez

Hello.

I have the dreaded Airbag Warning Light on my 2018 Peugeot Boxer motorhome. It appears to be a common fault and mine is six months out of warrenty - so rather than Peugeot charge me £145 just to hook up to a diagnostic machine, I thought I'd send my ECU unit to Crash-Data in Liverpool to have it checked out.

Anyone had similar experience? Anyone used this company and had success? A reset on my Airbag ECU module costs £85. Will this resolve the problem? I've checked all cables under the seats to ensure connections are okay - anything else I can check before sending off my module?

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I got nowhere with Fiat customer services,they couldn’t have been less interested if they had tried( van is 2017 and out of warranty) I bought a new ecu BUT you need the equipment to carry out a proxi alignment, which is the procedure to sync the module to the van.

Hello, through experience only way to get the correct diagnoses on faults is to obtain the dealer level software which is not expensive and cuts out all frustrations and educates. Peugeot Diagbox and Fiat Multiecuscan good luck.

malshadow - 2022-06-03 3:32 PM

Hello, through experience only way to get the correct diagnoses on faults is to obtain the dealer level software which is not expensive and cuts out all frustrations and educates. Peugeot Diagbox and Fiat Multiecuscan good luck.

Malshadow- are you saying Fiat Multiecuscan is dealer software or you know of other ‘dealer level software’ which is not expensive?

HI, The Peugeot Diagbox will do a global test on all the system it will come up with an explanation and fault code which you will be able to clear Fiat ducato X290 shares some of the ecu that are installed in the Peugeot boxer EURO 5 and 6 that the Peugeot Diagbox does not recognize, tyre pressure warning ECU being one. Watch a clip of Peugeot Diagbox in operation on youtube Peugeot planet was the previous software if you decide to go that route you will need an old laptop with windows vista, the software disc from VEHICLEDIAGNOSTICSUK.CO.UK ABOU £10.00 ,you will need the interface connection between your obd port and laptop,i think i paid £ 25 .00, a mouse for the lap top which is more precise than your finger. When an ecu can't receive or send a message the mileage will flash constantly, the term ecu is electronic control unit, you will need another interface connection and software license for Fiat multiecuscan let me know how you get on.

Machra reading past threads looks like your motorhome is Fiat Ducato if that is the case You will need Fiat multiecuscan this will do proxi alignment if needed, also reads and clears fault codes stored in any ecu which influence the canbus, i have been well impressed and can help with this software.

I have Multiecuscan thanks. As I said in earlier post I went down the route of buying a new airbag ecu and as that needed to be proxi aligned I bought a copy of Multiecuscan. It was more expensive route than sending ecu away to be ‘fixed’ but as you say Multiecuscan can be used to read and clear other fault codes, and I use it to reset service mileage countdown etc. so I thought it was worth buying as vehicle is out of warranty and I now service it myself.

Archived