Aircon Electrical connection.

alanedwin

Hi,

I have just removed an aircon unit from my van. I am fairly sure it was a factory fit and despite all the nice labels on the electrical bits none of them refer to the aircon so I am unsure as to where the 240v comes from. I have tested the cable with the ehu connected and the breakers on and off and get nothing. There are 2 circuits from the consumer unit which I assume are the fridge and the sockets. Would there be a separate fuse for the aircon or would they take it off the consumer unit?

The van is a 2003 le voyageur (pilote) 675.

Any suggestions welcome.

Alan

Ps If anyone wants the old unit it can be picked up from Liverpool. It worked well until about a year ago but something blew on the control board. Everything else is ok for spares. It’s an Electrolux b1901.

Hello,

I have just removed a Dometic (Electrolux) B1901 aircon unit from the roof of my van. It was not working although I am fairly sure it was due to a capacitor failing and could be a n easy fix. Even so it has all the other parts in good working order. So if anybody wants it it’s free to pick up from Liverpool.

Archived