Airs in France "TRANSLATING SCAM ROBBERS"

Guest bill h

Someone suggested an address for Airs in France. Did they know or are they 'PART OF THE FIDDLE' ? I tried and got nowhere, not even a single address, neither did I understand what was going on. BUT !!! My CC account arrived today and the F'ING ROBBERS HAVE CHARGED ME £23.44 FOR WHAT? F'ING NOTHING !!! not even one F'ing rotten address ?? I suggest whoever came up with this brilliant suggestion better go and hide. bill h

Guest Brian Kirby
Now, now, Bill, it's the headlamp business: it's got you all of a dither! If you could give a translation of the above, I'm sure someone will try to help out. Whose posting did you follow? If you're not sure, do a search under aires and it should come up. There are indeed sites from which the Guide Officiel can be bought. Whatever you've bought, however, it can't be that as it doesn't cost anything like £23.44! Have you paid for goods you haven't, in fact, recieved or aren't the goods what you expected? In either case, immediately contact the supplier and ask them why the goods haven't arrived or explain that they've sent, or charged for, the wrong goods. If you can't do that, and you don't have the goods, contact the credit card Co and tell them you believe you have suffered fraudulent use of your card, they'll put a stop on the payment and them make enquiries. Even if you've got the wrong stuff they may be able to help, but they may be a bit less sympathetic if you used your credit card on a foreign internet site you couldn't understand! Still, worth a try! Good luck Brian

The nuisance is I've got ZERO. The CC gives a series of numbers then DR*WWW.ELEME. 23.44 Checking on the net for who it might be the only words that arise are related to "translate" etc. I'll obviously contact the CC Company but my first reaction was as you read. bill h

Guest Derek Uzzell
The only French aires-related thing I can think of where you might clock up a fair-sized Credit Card charge is if you've been trying to order a CD-ROM version of the data held on the www.campingcar-infos.com website. Even then (as 16.50 euros is the 'foreign' charge) I wouldn't have expected a bill of £23.44 unless something weird went on during the transaction.

Guest Gillian
I believe you can only pay for the CD-ROM through Paypal and its an easy enough transaction. This must be something else. Weird. Gillian

I wish I could make sense of this! Bill forgot to tell the whole story and the give the actual site address in his haste to inject all the Fs into the narrative! If like most of us here he’s of a certain age, then he’ll remember the line from a certain American tv series – “Give us the facts, just the facts!” www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm is the superb site giving details of all Aires, which publishes a CD, updated each month AND IS TOTALLY RELIABLE. The CD usually takes about a week to arrive, and the secure online purchase is through a French internet company which is 100% kosher. Perhaps Bill could name and shame? - usually when I fly off like this it arrives by the next post - I hope so!

Ho Ho Bill's having a week of grumbles. No I didn't order anything. I was just looking around to sse what camping sites were available as I may go to Blois in May. The payment numbers arose on my CC statement. I shall call the CC Company and cancell then wait to see what follows. Apologies for the language use, I'm normaly very subdude. And I forget what the site details were, I don't remember those sort of things. bill h

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
Bill the CC people are very good at knowing who they have paid Recently I cancelled my MH insurance after they had infromed me the day before renewalthat my O/seas trips had been cut to 30 days per annum from 180 I wrote & cancelled the ins & took another (first) 3 months later they were stills end ing letters demanding payment then we bought some CD's from a reputable firm that didnt play - after several letters I contacted CC - within a week the firm contacted me because the money had been taken back - The Non working CD's are still here awaiting collection Just give them the info on you statement They have the rest of the details on file _ and - they will know if they are frauds also they can make checks on them & could have CC usage withdrawn by ALL CC Co's. Best of Luck to you

Archived