Alarms

Pete-B

So which trackers and alarms would people recommend? I've just had the Phantom i7 Tracker fitted, very simple to use. The alarm fitted by my dealer when I bought the van is a Laser 212, again quite easy to use but the remote is separate from the vans central locking.

stevec176 - 2021-06-06 7:13 PM

So which trackers and alarms would people recommend? I've just had the Phantom i7 Tracker fitted, very simple to use. The alarm fitted by my dealer when I bought the van is a Laser 212, again quite easy to use but the remote is separate from the vans central locking.

Hi Steve

We had the Strikeback alarm fitted with the tracker option fitted to our van when we 1st bought it brand new in 2007.

The only issue I've had is that Strikeback- by Vanbitz - is based near Taunton, so if anything needs doing its a long way away for us.

However we have been very happy with our alarm system.

Vanbitz offer an overnight stay at their camp site, when they install your system.

It will take a full day. When we had it done, we luckily had a car supplied FOC by a local Audi dealer.

After the work was completed, we carried on touring in the area.

We have no connection to Vanbitz apart from being a happy customer.

There are other alarm systems and companies that could be nearer to you that would fit an alarm system

Regards

Brian - Thai Bry

I have had two Phantom alarm systems . The most recent one i can set by using my mobile phone. If I set it off by accident within minutes either a text message is received or a phone call to see if everything is ok. Also technicians are available in all areas if the technical people in Manchester can't sort you out.

When I ordered my Hymer I had a German Thitronik Wipro system fitted. It is good being extremely extendable but the alarm volume itself is not particularly loud so I have wondered about upgrading that aspect with Vanbitz.. For the tracker I went with the Vodafone automotive largely because of the outstanding coverage area including Russia and a clincher for me, South Africa. When I retire in a couple of years we will drive it to the Western Cape, where we own a home and will not need to change the system.

Pete-B - 2021-06-07 7:40 PM

Anyone know the current price for Van Bitz to fit the basic Strike back?

They don't seem to show prices on their web site like they used to.

Best bet would be to contact Vanbitz direct.

I'm sure Eddie will be able to offer a "ball park" figure if you advise him of your motorhome make and model.

Archived