Alcácer do Sal Portugal

Barcobird

Has anyone visited and stayed overnight here legally in the last couple of months.

For years there was a car park right next to the river with certain facilities, this now has a height barrier.

With the recent new laws introduced I don't want to fall foul of the law. I know there are motorhome service facilities at Intermarche but no overnighting.

Thanks, Peter

Barcobird - 2021-09-01 10:30 AM

I know there are motorhome service facilities at Intermarche but no overnighting.

Thanks, Peter

Just as your about to enter the intermarche turn left theres a small campsite in there. The carpark you mention down by the river does the height barrier obstruct the services ? Last year several vans where ticketed for parking across several spaces a couple had trailers so where taking up 5 spaces only us an one Portuguese van where using the dedicated spaces and didn't get tickets

witzend - 2021-09-01 6:10 PM

Barcobird - 2021-09-01 10:30 AM

I know there are motorhome service facilities at Intermarche but no overnighting.

Thanks, Peter

Just as your about to enter the intermarche turn left theres a small campsite in there. The carpark you mention down by the river does the height barrier obstruct the services ? Last year several vans where ticketed for parking across several spaces a couple had trailers so where taking up 5 spaces only us an one Portuguese van where using the dedicated spaces and didn't get tickets

Apparently its permanently closed, maybe because of its size and the covid regulations.

Don't know where the height barrier is/was, I have been in touch with the tourist office and they confirm there is no height barrier at the moment and motorhomes can legally park.

Maybe I will show the GNR (Police) the email from them when they knock on the door (lol)

Barcobird - 2021-09-01 6:33 PM

Maybe I will show the GNR (Police) the email from them when they knock on the door

We parked the end furthest from the bridge nr the toilets and services stayed for 2 nights Police came back second day and ticketed 2 more vans one I'd warned to stay in one space

https://tinyurl.com/whs22apj 3 Vans in dedicated spaces one on services by toilet

• 2 weeks later...
witzend - 2021-09-02 10:52 AM

Maybe I will show the GNR (Police) the email from them when they knock on the door

We parked the end furthest from the bridge nr the toilets and services stayed for 2 nights

Have You visited Yet?

witzend - 2021-09-10 10:43 PM

witzend - 2021-09-02 10:52 AM

We parked the end furthest from the bridge nr the toilets and services stayed for 2 nights

Have You visited Yet?

No we are planning to go in October, I will post after our stay.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn’t appear that much has changed here, definitely no height barrier as someone mentioned 8-)

Last night there were 14 vehicles mostly Dutch ? Maybe an organised rally, they parked to suit themselves 2 spaces etc. people wonder why the authorities here are getting the hump and clamping down.

Anyway nett result we spent two legal nights without problems :-D

7A6C89FC-6FF0-4598-B3D5-6216E9ED3590.jpg.172e19d95fb42c370522a6ca44055cfd.jpg

Archived