Alko air bag suspension

sreve

Hi there

I'm trying to get hold of an alko suspension airbag (1of mine is leaking)I've looked online but can't seem to find any.It's on a 2006 autotrail cheyenne 696g.I've tried phoning alko but they only seem to deal with dealers and not the general public which is a bit of a shame.I have the number on the bag as 2204 8909 and have contacted vb air suspension thinking they may have a matching bag but they couldn't say that they had.

Anyone got any advice or help?

Simon,

A quick Google brings up Outdoor Bits as stockists of AlKo spares so maybe worth a try?

https://www.outdoorbits.com/al-ko-suspension-air-bag-p-6167.html

Or how about Steve at Marcle Leisure?

Just for starters.

Keith.

PS And it's quite likely your numbers are not part numbers but manufacturing date codes, eg 2204 could be week 22 of 2004. I may be wrong but be careful searching for those numbers.

Marcle Leisure advertises individual AL-KO “Air Top” bellows at £253 each for pre-2006 or 2006-onwards (X250) Ducatos.

It needs saying that if one bellows-unit on an elderly system fails, there’s a fair chance that the other unit is on borrowed time. Given the cost of a single AL-KO bellows and the ability nowadays to obtain relatively inexpensive complete air-bellows systems, it might be worth considering ditching the present AL-KO system and replacing it with a new one.

Would it be practicable to inject sealant?

The air-inlet of a bellows is much smaller than that of an ordinary tyre valve and - unlike a tyre that rotates to distribute the sealant - the bellows just moves vertically up and down a short distance.

As you suggest, It might be worth trying on a nothing-to-lose basis, though I wouldn’t be optimistic of the ploy’s effectiveness.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-10-02 8:13 AM

Marcle Leisure advertises individual AL-KO “Air Top” bellows at £253 each for pre-2006 or 2006-onwards (X250) Ducatos.

It needs saying that if one bellows-unit on an elderly system fails, there’s a fair chance that the other unit is on borrowed time. Given the cost of a single AL-KO bellows and the ability nowadays to obtain relatively inexpensive complete air-bellows systems, it might be worth considering ditching the present AL-KO system and replacing it with a new one.

I agree with Derek,

If one new bellows is going to cost £240 or possibly more then why not fit an entire new system at a cost of around £360?

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/dunlop-suspension-fiat-ducato-x244-2002-2006-p-1962.html

PS But do check that is the correct one (it's for ABS vehicles).

Keith.

Archived