Allan Evans - aandncaravanservices.co.uk/

arthur49

That's very sad news indeed - The forum has lost one of its best guys.

He was a terrific help to me on a number of occasions and I'll never forget his determination in attempting to rectify the problems with the NCC battery scheme.

RIP Allan - you'll be a huge loss.

Andrew

Very Sad indeed.

In common with so many people I am extremely grateful to Allan for unstinting help and advice which has on the one hand prevented me from making serious mistakes and on the other made my van a little better indeed much better.

CAPITALS ARE SHOUTING BUT I WAN'T TO SHOUT SOMETHING.

OF COURSE OUR CONDOLENCES GO TO HIS WIFE CHILDREN AND WIDER FAMILY BUT FOR SO MANY WHO HAVE BEEN HELPED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY (AND SOMETIMES BY A MAN WHO MUST HAVE NEEDED TO MUSTER EVERY OUNCE OF STRENGTH AND DETERMINATION TO DO SO ) LETS MAKE A POSITIVE OUT OF THIS BY CONTRIBUTING TO ALLAN"S CHILDREN'S EDUCATION TRUST FUND WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH THE ABOVE LINK by arthur49.

It is sad that I could not give tangible thanks in other circumstances but doing something positive is always better than doing nothing.

Allan was a man of enormous integrity who always seemed to aim at doing the right thing and helping others. He was very determined to change the way the industry was misrepresenting leisure batteries and stuck his neck out a long way as well as took a lot of trouble over it. He was a really good man - and that is how I shall remember him.

He has two young children (and a wonderfully supportive wife who is now a single mum) and their future will be far from secure. Allan established a Scholarship Trust Fund for his children, Adam and Sophie, so try to underpin their educational needs for later, when he knew he couldn't be there for them. There is information on his website (http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/scholarship-fund.php) about how to donate.

There is a specific bank account:

Allan Evans

Sort Code 07-00-93

Account No 33333334

Ref no 0155/199162411

Apparently the Ref No is very important, although when I tried it the bank wouldn't allow symbols so I just used the numbers.

COME ON GUYS - PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY!

I have just heard from Martin at AandN Caravan Services (Allan's former Company) that there have been hundreds of donations so well done for those who have already donated.

Don't be left out guys, Allan was a real Good Guy and I don't think he was well off so his children will need the support of this Scholarship Fund - please be generous.

Allan was a truely remarkable man and will be sadly missed on this forum. I always admired his gift of writing/communication - it was rare he ever posted a short reply...you mostly got a full page or two. He certainly expanded my knowledge of MH electrics, for which I shall be eternally grateful.

Glad to see his website will continue (at least for now) as a tribute to his dedication to the MH community.

I echo the (shouting) words of HymerVan above....and show our gratitude by contributing to the Trust Fund for his young children.

RIP Allan

StuartO - 2019-08-14 9:09 AM

Allan was a man of enormous integrity who always seemed to aim at doing the right thing and helping others. He was very determined to change the way the industry was misrepresenting leisure batteries and stuck his neck out a long way as well as took a lot of trouble over it. He was a really good man - and that is how I shall remember him.

He has two young children (and a wonderfully supportive wife who is now a single mum) and their future will be far from secure. Allan established a Scholarship Trust Fund for his children, Adam and Sophie, so try to underpin their educational needs for later, when he knew he couldn't be there for them. There is information on his website (http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/scholarship-fund.php) about how to donate.

There is a specific bank account:

Allan Evans

Sort Code 07-00-93

Account No 33333334

Ref no 0155/199162411

Apparently the Ref No is very important, although when I tried it the bank wouldn't allow symbols so I just used the numbers.

COME ON GUYS - PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY!

I echo Stuart's sentiments and I too would ask that we all support his cause just as he supported our cause as long as he was able.

I too never met Allan but we did email from time to time and his courage fortitude and good humour in the face of such overwhelming adversity was a credit to him and very humbling.

My sincere condolances and very best wishes to Natalie and the children as they grieve and hopefully go on to rebuild their lives.

Truly sorry to hear.

I never met Allan personally, However we communicated on a number of occasions and I followed his sage advice - which has proved over time to be entirely correct. He's saved us a lot of money and prevented unnecessary expense and via his site taught me a lot which has made our motor homing more enjoyable and less problematic.

He was known throughout the industry, and I was aware via our dealer some time ago who used to send electrical units to his business for repair that he was seriously ill, but nonetheless this is a blow. He will be missed.

Support to his family.

RIP.

StuartO - 2019-08-14 9:50 AM

I have just heard from Martin at AandN Caravan Services (Allan's former Company) that there have been hundreds of donations so well done for those who have already donated.

Don't be left out guys, Allan was a real Good Guy and I don't think he was well off so his children will need the support of this Scholarship Fund - please be generous.

Agreed. And just take a look at the photo of his two children at the bottom of the linked page, and think about donating .................

Archived