Amperor 12v stabiliser

david lloyd

Hi everyone, I have an Avtex DRS-PRO TV linked to an Icecrypt satellite receiver and a Teleco Smartsat dish. After around a couple of hours viewing the sound and picture will begin to momentarily break up or halt. My 2013 Autosleeper Worcester is equipped with a Sergent EC500 PSU and I am aware from the Autosleeper Owners Forum of known issues with fluctuations in the 12v supply with this unit.

Ordinarily, most motorhome equipment can cope with some fluctuations in the 12v supply as the battery load increases or decreases but I recall previous discussions around equipment such as TV''s, satellite receivers etc being intolerant of such variations.

Should I consider replacing the 12v supply to either/both the TV and sat box with the Amperor 12v stabilising supply to overcome this issue?

Any advice gratefully received.

David

Thanks Alan, I had a look on t'internet and they do still appear to be available. Odd thing is, the TV never faltered last night! I've had a few problems with the solar/12v (long story) and even had to have a new vehicle battery fitted last weekend as mine died. Not at all sure that there isn't a link to it all somewhere down the line but I am booked in to have the solar issues rectified when we return in June and, in the meantime, have isolated the vehicle battery from the EC500 solar charge so only the leisure batteries are connected to the solar panel. They now seem to be holding up better which, again, leads me to believe the problems may have been associated with falling voltage - maybe even the dying vehicle battery was pulling the leisure batteries down too. I don't really know as I'm no expert on these things.

However, when we do get back I'm going to have a Votronic Duo solar regulator wired direct to the leisure and vehicle batteries to improve the solar charge and it coukd well overcome the TV problem - which may actually be the Icecrypt box and not the TV itself!

David

Archived