Another fiat x290 Euro6 recall?

Gerry McG

Just read in another group there is A new Fiat recall for Euro6 vehicles for a Clip on intercooler pipe.

I checked my Fiat Camper App yesterday and it was showing Green, but today it is showing Red.

I've phoned my local Fiat professional dealer and they are investigating and are going to get back in touch with more details.

I'll report once I have more information.

My van is a Sept 16 build Euro6 x290 Fiat 150hp comformatic gearbox with 8000 miles on the clock has had the ECU and EGR recalls addressed already.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting for over a month now for the parts to arrive. The dealer in Faro said there were loads of motor homes in the Algarve waiting for parts and didn't know how much longer they would take !

He also advised us not to drive it too far, it could be a fire safety issue :-(

Well, ours is booked in but not 100% sure what for as yet.
Saw this post yesterday, downloaded the app and then rang Fiat dealership. Tried to find out exactly what the recall is for, but couldn't tell me as the person who deals with it wasn't in.

arthur49 - 2018-02-05 7:03 PMAccording to another forum I sometimes visit its "Recall 6172 Intercooler Sleeve Collar"Also reported that "implications of the latest recall could be ...... loss of torque & power".
Cheers Arthur, thats what it is.... they rang me back, doing it while I walk the pooche, couple of hours.

Mike Brooks 670 - 2018-02-07 5:33 PM

Ducato 2017 130 bhp manual .

Check with my local Fiat Professional dealer ,via chassis number ,yes my M/H is part of this recall ,no letter from DVLA ....

Was told 20 kits on order ,no stock all back order ......

Surprise Surprise !

Just had mine carried out ,as already stated ,only takes 15 mins .

Fiat dealer has so far completed 74 and growing .

Archived