Anyone been there, done it---Proof of Euro Emissions for Go Box

kevandali

Hi All.
Have read past posts about the prooving of Euro emissions but still confused. Going to look into it a bit deeper when I have more time but thought one of you whiley (spelt incorrectly) lot might have already been there and done it.
Thanks in advance
Kev

...as I'm currently under the limit, I haven't applied for this myself.

However, I believe they've simplified the process somewhat, and:

1. An application form can be downloaded from here (under "Toll tariff system based on EURO emission categories"). It is a PDF form which allows data entry (important, as you are going to email it on).

https://www.go-maut.at/portal/portal (and make sure you've selected English at the top)

2. Much should then be self-explanatory, but I believe a UK vehicle will need a scan of the registration document, (sufficient to show the registration number and VIN number), *and* a scan of the CoC (sufficient to match that VIN number to an emissions class).

3. The application form and scans should then be sent to the email address on the form.

AIUI, once they acknowledge, you have up to 6 months to obtain your Go Box before they throw the record away.

HTH (and if you give it a try, let us know if it works).

kevandali - 2018-03-05 11:16 PMCheers Robin Hood, and Chris.
Found the CoC and it mentions Euro 6 engine and will scan everything within the next few days and report back if and when all is sorted. :-)
Got everything scanned but for some reason the email address on the form is not recognised so had to send it to their info email with instructions to forward it on to the correct email.
Fingers crossed all will be well.

Here's a thought. I don't know what route you're planning to take from Zeebrugge to Split, but I'm assuming via Munich and Saltzburg, which is about 1100 miles, and for which you will need a GoBox for the Saltzburg to Villach leg.

Were you to go a little further west, via Ulm and Fussen, you could take the Fern and Reschen passes through Austria, and thence into Italy via Merano, Bolzano, Verona and Trieste, cross a bit of Slovenia to Rijecka in Croatia, and then down the Istrian A1 to Split, it is approximately the same mileage (actually about 50 miles shorter), and (providing you set your sat nav to avoid tolls between Fussen and Merano), you will not need a GoBox.

You would, however, have to pay tolls for motorways in Italy (Bolzano - Trieste, not exorbitant). The inconvenience of paying tolls in a RHD vehicle, plus the cost, may of coures counter the Go Box disadvantage for you.

Still unsure about this Go Box milarki.
Filled in all details and scanned all relevent docs but email on form not recognised. Still not sure wether to get a Go Box via GoDirekt or once I have prooved emissions just buy a Go Box in Germany before getting into Austria.
Have decided to get a Go Box as time driving is a factor and even though Brian's route looks good, it will definitely take a lot longer.
Will keep everyone who is even slightly interested, up to date on how I get on.
Never realised it would be such a faph/faf/Phaf etc etc

kevandali - 2018-03-07 1:03 PM......................Have decided to get a Go Box as time driving is a factor and even though Brian's route looks good, it will definitely take a lot longer................................

I've input some assumptions into AutoRoute. You leave Zeebrugge (and intermediate stops) at 09:30 and drive until 16:30 with a one hour break mid-day. I've set the speeds for all roads to their slowest (unspecified, but seems to give reasonable forecast arrival times for us). I've left choice of toll/no toll open, so AutoRoute will use tolls where quicker, except for crossing Austria, where it is set to avoid toll roads. Estimated duration for entire trip on the alternative route I suggested 3 days four hours, and on the more direct route 3 days 20 minutes.

I said above that the non Go-Box route was shorter, but on re-running the routes to get timings it comes up as 130 miles longer, which seems more probable. This all assumes clear roads and no major holdups, which is a bit idealistic. It would be wise to check particularly Germany for hold-ups as there at a lot of major roadworks on key autobahnen.

Can't remember the website I found, which runs a bit like Traffic England, and gave real-time details of current delays etc. Not sure if this is the same one, but it looks fairly promising: http://tinyurl.com/2uncuox

Cheers Derek, I was using the correct email and it wouldn't work, tried it again just now and away it went. (probably finger trouble??)

You would think I would be able to get my head around how bloody far it is by now Brian.

Had planned for about 3 days which included a bit of cycling and walking along the way *-)

I really hadn't looked close enough into how much time I will be actually driving, best sort out my ipod, not even got the pooche along to keep me company.
Sure it will be worth it :-)

kevandali - 2018-03-07 7:19 PM.........................You would think I would be able to get my head around how bloody far it is by now Brian.

Had planned for about 3 days which included a bit of cycling and walking along the way. 

I really hadn't looked close enough into how much time I will be actually driving, best sort out my ipod, not even got the pooche along to keep me company.

Glad if it helped, Kevin. It is, as I said, a very simple view of the possible routes/times. Driving single handed, I guess you don't want to find you're running out of time against a deadline as you progress. Pushing to catch up on time is where the mistakes creep in. OTOH, if you allocate more time for the trip, you should then find you're gaining time as you go - which is where the bike rides might come in! :-D

For anyone in the future who will be going down the 'Go Box' route.

Got a reply advising me that once I had got my proof of euro emissions (sorted) I would be better off buying a Go Box just before entering the toll system then just collect any credit (if any) at t'other end.

Thank you for your inquiry.

All vehicles above 3.5t maximum permissible weight need a GO-Box to pay the toll on Austrian motorways and expressways.

You can obtain a GO-Box at any GO point of sale within only a few minutes:  present the vehicle registration certificate and settle the signing fee of € 5. (Make sure to ask for a GO-Box for coaches and mobile homes.)

Please note that you must obtain the GO-Box before accessing the Austrian toll network.

Be careful to mount the GO-Box correctly.

When you set your GO-Box to Euro 4 (or above), you must send verification documents within 28 days. This is also the case if the registration number for a Euro 4 vehicle (or above) changes.

Good to know:    You can also send your verification documents in advance - up to six months!

To verify the Euro emission category of your vehicle, you will need:

• our application form
  • a copy of the vehicle registration certificate
  • if the emission category is not stated in the vehicle registration certificate: a copy of the CEMT certificate or the COP/COC manufacturer’s certificate.

There are four options to submit your documents:

If I remember correctly from previous posts, you will need to choose your exit point accordingly, as I believe it is not possible to hand back the Go Box at all Austrian border crossings.

If you can find a list of the border crossings where the Go Box can be bought, I assume you will have to choose from among those crossings to exit.

Archived