Anyone need a Heki 2 dome?

nigxl

Pity it wasn't the other way round otherwise i'd have had that off you!

The centre hinge of mine snapped off. Unfortunately not the hinge bracket piece but the part the hinge slots into. The two outer hinges are sound though and still functions perfectly.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 10:00 PM

The centre hinge of mine snapped off. Unfortunately not the hinge bracket piece but the part the hinge slots into. The two outer hinges are sound though and still functions perfectly.

I was lucky not to lose the dome completely to be honest.

Both outer and partial inner hinges had broken.

Think the light colour plastic must have broken down due to UV.

The black hinges on the dome are fine.

nigxl - 2019-06-30 9:00 AM

I was lucky not to lose the dome completely to be honest.

Both outer and partial inner hinges had broken.

Think the light colour plastic must have broken down due to UV.

The black hinges on the dome are fine.

Yes it does (bib) and as you found, they aren't cheap to replace unless lucky enough to source a sound used one. Given the retail price of new i do think they could have used more robust fittings....the hinges and section they slot into are it's big weak point.

One year in Poland a Dutch reg mh parked up next to me and they'd had a nasty experience of the dome parting company whilst driving an Autobahn in Germany. Fortunately for them the mh was a rental so they didn't have to foot the bil!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul

Struggling to PM you today as my replies seem to be stuck in my outbox and won't send.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived