Apple CarPlay

curdle

I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone to take advantage of connectivity to a Siemens hearing aid. What a life transformation ( apologies to all under 60 who live in bemusement on what excites an old-timer). Now I learn about the same (and more) of Apple CarPlay. Between Siemens and apple I could master my motor home thru Siri voice commands without eyes ever leaving the road ahead. I have a Ford Ranger and Ford are issuing upgrades to older Sync 3 to allow Apple 3. My base vehicle on my Hymer is Sprinter with a 2018 multimedia screen. Anyone know if MB Or Hymer can offer a software upgrade to allow Apple CarPlay?

Thanks Spirou

The unit link is for an Android unit. The MB screen is linked to the canbus so any alteration for a 3rd party unit is mightily delicate, especially with a multi touch steering wheel.

curdle - 2019-05-22 4:58 PM

Thanks Spirou

The unit link is for an Android unit. The MB screen is linked to the canbus so any alteration for a 3rd party unit is mightily delicate, especially with a multi touch steering wheel.

I have an Alpine 700 ( non blue tooth tho Bluetooth model is now available) and its a fantastic piece of kit seamless connectivity with iPhone and with EU roaming as it is now using data devices is no longer a financial nightmare !

K and M Acoustics fitted it for me in Wigan .

Archived