Attaching an awning

richardmeehan

Hi all

I am looking at getting a awning for my 2005 ducato adria, it has a fiamma F65 canopy.

The question I have is how do I attach a awning to the van?

Sombody said I need a simple C rail but I don't think the gap between the top of the sliding door and the canopy housing will accommodate this.

TIA

Rich

Hi

Presumably your existing canopy has a 4mm(?) groove on it's outer edge?..if it has you could use the plastic fig of 8 section and or a full "Drive-away kit"?...

(all a bit Heath Robinson though to be honest)

https://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/blog/howto/how-do-i-know-which-drive-away-awning-will-fit-my-vehicle-and-how-does-it-attach.html

If you go down that route, and the awning you are erecting requires some "welly" to keep it taught, I'd suggest using a pair of luggage straps around the ends of the wind-out body, so as not to risk overstressing the, presumably plastic, closure latches.

(On a previous MH I fiited and additional awning rail to the underside of the Fiamma "body"..but that was a coach-built, so obviously had the height.)

Sorry for the late response...

It's been a while since we had a Fiamma wind-out "awning" but ours(fitted back in 2009-10?) had a 4mm groove/slit in the *outer face (the portion which travels outwards when it's opened)...but looking at that image of the F45 on that link (5th photo down) it appears as if they are now either on the inside/underside?..so that could well be the "gap" that you mention..

Archived