Aubeterre sur Dronne - Bookmark it

Nicepix

We have just returned from a short break to Aubeterre sur Dronne which has just been voted the 11th best Beau Village. We stayed on the municipal camp site for €12 per night including electricity and WiFi. The pitches are as large as I have ever stayed on, all flat with shade and a hard standing. Sanitary block is modern and clean, there is a restaurant / bar between the camp site and river beach and lots of good quality restaurants in town. Good fishing on the river and loads of room to walk the dog.

There is a large, flat free aire too, and a service point outside the camping ground.

4km outside the town is a place called Poltrot which has a large car park and a choice of a lovely shaded restaurant or cheaper burger / frite meals from the snack bar. Loads of picnic tables and riverside walks plus canoe hire. Camping is prohibited but I was told on good authority that overnight parking was OK.

Aubeterre sur Dronne is on the southern border of the Charente where it borders Dordogneshire. Close to Angouleme, Perigeux, Riberac and Brantome.

We were there Wd night stayed at the free Airedale’s by the tennis courts six vans there all French except us. All said hello one watched me back in so I didn’t hit a small tree. Water grey and black disposable free. Very pretty village good garden nursery, reasonable prices in restaurants. Well worth a visit.

Archived