Auto-Sleeper water filling system

Sparky7

Does anyone else get driven mad by the slowness of the Auto-Sleeper water filling system?   After draining down for winter, it's taken nearly an hour for the level to register 25%.   This doesn't matter on site if no-one else needs water, but if they do, they get very impatient!   On French aires, we have often had to move away from the tap to let somebody else have a go.   I know the inlet can be re-routed under the shower tray etc at great expense, but isn't there another way?

I don't know what kind of filler you have but I have had a selection of Autosleepers over many years and the only time I ever had a slow filler was when the hose that connects the filler inlet to the tank was too long and badly kinked. Replacing it cured it.

Be aware that if it is more than a year or two old it may be brittle and any attempts to bend it or force the hose pipe further down it can lead to it splitting which is exceedingly inconvenient - not to mention wet inside!

Have a look inside and under the van and try to follow the large diameter filler pipe from inlet to tank.

Sparky has the Whale filling system. Without going into great detail the answer can be found on the AS forum where the same question has been posted.

Tracker - I don't know if you have that system in your new Executive, if you have, you'd be wise to read the threads as well, I know you've joined the AS forum recently.

paulmold - 2015-03-21 2:08 PM

Sparky has the Whale filling system. Without going into great detail the answer can be found on the AS forum where the same question has been posted.

Tracker - I don't know if you have that system in your new Executive, if you have, you'd be wise to read the threads as well, I know you've joined the AS forum recently.

Oh Bugger! I really hope not especially with a 100 litre tank! We had it on an Autocruise and it is a useless system unfit for purpose and was a real pain in the water pump!

Taking the pressure reduction valve off and running the hose direct into the inlet socket helped a bit as did using a 5/8" hose in place of the 1/2" one that came with it!

AutoSleeper have at last dealt with problem of the hated useless crap Whale filling system. We ordered a new Warwick XL. At the time we specified that we wanted a conventional filling system which used to be a specified no charge option. The sales person thought it had now become standard so,he checked with the AutoSleeper chap on the stand. When he came back he said you won't believe this but they now fit both systems as standard! Now we have one sitting on our drive with both systems fitted and I've just filled it up with me MK 1 red plastic watering can.

Just out of of interest I have it on good authority that the Whale system was designed by the same silly bugger that came up with the idea of watches with no digets or markings the watch face. I think the idea is that if you have one of these stupid watches you'll not know how long it takes to fill the blasted water tank!

Colin Leake - 2015-03-21 4:08 PM

The sales person thought it had now become standard so,he checked with the AutoSleeper chap on the stand. When he came back he said you won't believe this but they now fit both systems as standard!

Our 2013 built (2014 spec) Warwick Duo came with both systems fitted as standard. The Whale is on the driver's side and the 'normal' filler is on the passenger side. Never even taken the Whale out of its bag.

Sparky7 - 2015-03-22 3:19 PM

Thanks for all the info.   I've emailed A-S for a quote to re-route the filling system.

Have a good Easter.   Sparky

That will be interesting as I am sure others may consider the same so could you let us know how much they want please.I don't imagine that once the parts are sourced it is a difficult job so the parts / labour split will be interesting too!Good luck!

Tracker - 2015-03-21 8:46 PM

Our Warwick Duo from 2009 build just has the normal filler on the drivers side - but it does have a bbq point - although quite where A/S think we might store a bbq inside the van is quite another matter!

When we had a garage on the back we used to take a full size Cadac with us but last year I finally got fed up with having to keep erecting it struggling to clean it in a sink that was too small, then putting it all away again so,we opted to leave it permanently erected at home and invested in one of the little mini cadacs. Glad we did its plenty big enough to cook for just two of us, fast to erect, easy to clean and packs away in its own little bag that fits under one of the benches in our Warwick XL.

Biggest space problem we have if one ignores the space required for the wifes shoes, clothes and all the food she insists on taking (all of which is still subject to ongoing negotiations) is the space taken up by the Quatro leveling blocks.

Sparky7 - 2015-03-22 3:19 PM

Thanks for all the info.   I've emailed A-S for a quote to re-route the filling system.

Have a good Easter.   Sparky

When a dealer was trying to sell us a Warwick he had in stock we enquired about having this retro fitted and were told it was not an option. Be interesting to see how you get on. Having looked at how and where ours is fitted I can see it would be no easy job.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-03-21 8:46 PM

but it does have a bbq point -

Dont you mean outside gas cooker point Rich? ;-)...........

pelmetman - 2015-03-23 8:20 AM

Dont you mean outside gas cooker point Rich? ;-)...........

Dunno Dave - never used it - probably never will - better things to do than faff around cooking outdoors and cleaning it all up before struggling to find somewhere to store it all - unless you do trailer hire!

Archived