Auto cruise stargblazer 2005

recodiver

Morning have an electrical problem when driving turn on lights all electrics go apart from speedo and fuel gauge, when I wiggle the fuse box by the battery it seems to cure it, the thin wire from the neg terminal seems to be the issue, does anyone know what this fuse box does, it has happened3 times in recent trips, I suspect loose wire or earth issue, also the off side interior lights stopped working when I turned on the tap they came on, they are off again since this happened last night, on a narrow country road. This time when I wiggled box the tv fired up and the battery land engine management light was flashing erratically and dimly, it fired up and we got home.

A bit long winded I suspect loose wire or earth, does anyone have a wiring diagram and know what the fuse box is for.

Thanks in advance

Mark????

I think you will find the fuse box near the battery is also linked to the two relays near it and are for starter battery , leisure battery and fridge (the relays are for split charging for the batteries and fridge operation with the engine running.

If you google Sargent electrical Autocruise schematics you should find a wiring diagram for your Motorhome.

It would be worth checking the battery to body and engine to body main earth leads along with leisure battery earth for poor connections.

I think a 2005 Autocruise "Starblazer" might have the infamous Energy Management System that's been discussed here in the past (example thread here with identifying photos)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Autocruise-Starspirit-problem/56306/

Hopefully Mark's motorhome has Sargent equipment, as this OUGHT to be simpler to trouble-shoot and - if necessary - repair.

recodiver , If it turns out that you have the Energy Management System and not the Sargent electrical one , then I am afraid that all the information I supplied will not be any help also I do not have any information about the EMS wiring etc. that could help.

It would be however be worth checking any battery/body/module earth connections that you can find.

Just had a look in daylight, the Battery lead goes to the starter motor it has a bit of corrosion, so ill sort that, the issue seems to come from a thin wire off the the neg terminal into the fuse box. I will take it off and check it, update to follow.

Regarding the internal lights where does the wiring start? found a light rose under the seat by water heater does not seem standard.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

So sorted out the loss of electrics it was the battery lead, for some reason lost all habitation electrics checked fuses, leisure battery is new and uses solar panel. I am looking for a good quality wiring diagram, can anyone please help, or have any suggestions I suspect a joint with some corrosion.

Thanks in advance

Mark

(Copied from a separate thread begun by Mark today (12 January 2022 3:58 PM) that' I've now removed)

Finally got to the bottom of all the issues, the battery earth was faulty, replaced that, unwittingly change£ the relays under the bonnet with the wrong ones initially. The habitation lights turned out to be the wire on the plug on the Pms loose connection, thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated. Am now very familiar with the electrics.??

• 1 year later...

We have a 2005 Autocruise Starquest EL and have a problem with the 12 v glass fuse holder. Our mechanic has replaced it a couple of months ago but it has blown again and the bayonet holder is hard to remove from the Control panel. Can anyone suggest where I can buy replacement fuse holders please