Auto-sleeper / Auto-cruise

Guest phil

Guest phil
we currently have an auto-sleeper executive and love her to bits.we are now getting older and have been looking at a low line autocruise as we need the low entry level and larger end bathroom area.how does auto-cruise quality compare to auto -sleeper. the auto-sleeper has been ace. any help would be apreciated thanks phil

Guest David Powell
Hi Phil...Full name Auto-cruise CH...The CH stands for Cockburn Holdsworth...The Holdsworth is Richard Holdsworth, who designed and built Holdsworth motor homes for many years...they are real quality at its best...if you look through the pages of secondhand motor homes in MMM for Holdsworth, you will see old Holdsworth model names being used on new Auto-cruise motor homes...the high standard of quality and design is still there...I own a Holdsworth Ranger, which has a low profile, and is probably the fore runner of the modern Auto-cruise body shape in an old fashioned way...I can not fault the build quality, I searched for this particular model for several years [as I can't afford new] before I found it. This time I was first in the queue and got it...Two other couples were waiting in line in case I didn't buy it from JCLeisure converters...I am a member of the Holdsworth Owners Club, which is open to Holdsworth, Cockburn Holdsworth, and Auto-cruise C.H. owners...I hope you will find the Auto-Cruise up to your expectations. One day I may win the Loto and get one myself...Fingers crossed!

Guest Steve O'Reilly
I asked the same question to the workshop manager of a motorhome dealer which sells both makes. His answer was that Autosleeper quality was better but had declined over the past few years, while Autocruise was better value and had fewer "faults". This latter observation may just mean that Autosleeper owners are more fussy or less likely to undertake minor adjustments/repairs themselves. My own experience of Autocruise ownership over the last three years has been very positive. Whilst not perfect in some respects, it has performed better than I expected and been easy to adapt to better suit my needs. My overall impression is that the Autocruise range is functional at the cost of appearing somewhat lacking in style. However, the longer you live with one, the more impressed you'll be. The recent Autocruise range seems to offer something for everyone with a dazzling array of models. The degree of innovation displayed impresses me but the multiplicity of models leaves me with worries about the sustainability of such a huge model range. My model was only produced for a brief period and then replaced. Steve

Guest Derek Uzzell
Quite true - I'm reliably informed that the forthcoming Ferrari 'ECO' sports-car will be fitted with a 600bhp version of Fiat's Ducato 2.8JTD motor. Apparently production has been delayed because 7th gear keeps breaking.

Guest David Powell
You would think they would have fixed the 5th gear before they moved on to produce a 7th that keeps breaking. I suppose it is to do with that old gearbox saying "Sort them out they are all in one box", but come to think of it, that dodgey 5th gear is in a separate box isn't it???

Archived