Autogas

snail

Hi all, with the demise of countrywide I have lost my three nearest filling points for my gaslow system, I know that Flogas has taken them over but nearest to me are unserviceable, locked off or behind locked gates

I have read that Shell stations have a few lpg pumps but they talk of a shell F type fitting? Anyone know of this or used a shell pump for connecting to a standard UK bayonet fill point?

Thanks Brian

snail - 2018-12-28 6:57 PM

Hi all, with the demise of countrywide I have lost my three nearest filling points for my gaslow system, I know that Flogas has taken them over but nearest to me are unserviceable, locked off or behind locked gates

I have read that Shell stations have a few lpg pumps but they talk of a shell F type fitting? Anyone know of this or used a shell pump for connecting to a standard UK bayonet fill point?

Thanks Brian

The “Shell-F” reference relates to a type of connector used on gas containers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propane,_butane,_and_LPG_container_valve_connections

It has nothing to do with Autogas where, in the UK, the Autogas dispensing-gun ALWAYS connects to the LPG reservoir via a bayonet adapter (example in attached photo) that I’m sure you are familiar with.

There are, however, two types of dispensing-gun nozzle found in the UK - "Gas Guard” or “De Visser” - and no guarantee which an Autogas dispensing-pump will have. Both types connect to a bayonet adapter, but the method involved differs. Instructions for both types of nozzle are on this link

https://www.calor.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/PDF/autogas_refuelling_guidelines.pdf

Although “Countrywide” retail outlets all closed, their Autogas business continued to operate, initially as “Countrywide Autogas” and now under the “Flogas” banner.

I have a Countrywide/Flogas Autogas account and the Flogas website can be used to locate Flogas Autogas installations within a defined radius of a specified postcode

https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists

Three Flogas Autogas outlets are identified within a 10 mile radius of where I live, though they may not all be open or serviceable. The closest Flogas outlet to my home was ‘wonky’ on one occasion and out of action for quite some time earlier this year.

(There are also another three non-Flogas Autogas outlets under 10 miles away.)

640944753_bayonetadapter.jpg.21b77f20535e95d95a79f32c453f9a08.jpg

Thank you for clearing that up about the connecter, I will try shell we have one that says lpg available ten miles away, have read the link on different guns as well thanks.

Derek, regards key sites I complained to Flogas after going to cirencester only to find it with no power just blank screen, in the store they said hadn't seen anyone use it lately.

So on Flogas recommendation that this site was up and running, I went to Berkeley road keysite yesterday only to find the hose vavle shut and padlocked off.

Gloucester itself is within the boundary of the former store so now shut no access.

So looks like I will probaly cancel my account, and use the shell garage just hope they haven't got a ban on motorhomers! By the way if you want to access your Flogas account when you have the choice of cylinder or bulk customer I was told for autogas you should choose bulk

Thanks Brian

Archived