Autosleeper Executive 2003 rear door lock

maureend

Does anyone know where I can source the mechanism for my autosleeper Executive 2003 rear door lock. My husband has managed to fix it so it locks from the inside but not the outside. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've just looked at a video walk around of a 2003 Executive and the handle and lock look very reminiscent of the likes of a Morris Ital or Rover SD1 or something similar.

Have you asked on the AS Owners forum if anyone knows where the lock was sourced from by AS? Or even asked AS themselves?

Keith.

Cheltenham Laminates made the body shell and they have a new design which will replace the lock. They will do the replacement fitting but it's not cheap. It is correct that the handles are the same as Morris Marina and also early Landrover Discovery and Triumph TR7. These are getting rare now and you must make sure it comes from a front door (with the lock) and also that it suits the right hinge side.

https://cheltenhamlaminating.co.uk/home

Many thanks for all your replies. As we are off next week and are a bit pushed for time I have ordered a Milenco door lock, which we can lock from inside and out. When we get back I will investigate all your suggestions, and let you know how, (or if) I have solved the problem. What a super helpful group you are. :-D

Archived