Autosleeper Nuevo Shower window

Guest neil baker

Guest neil baker
The nuevo shower room window is not covered by the shower curtain and the cassette blind will get wet whenever the shower is used. This is obviously no a good thing, and I wonder if anyone has had similar concerns and what they have done about it.

Guest Nick Miller
I have never used the shower facility in my Nuevo (or previous van.) The capacity of the waste water tank is less than 40 ltrs and the holding tank not much more. So thats two trips to a servicing point plus all that wiping up after the ablution.Even worse if there are two of you. Simpler IMHO to find a camp site with a shower block. Nick

the latest nuevo has 80ltr water tank, we have a clubman with 90ltr tank we manage to have two reasonble showers and enough water left to wash the breakfast crocks and as we leave the site most days after breakfast we fill up as we leave. pete

Guest Derek Uzzell
A small waste-water tank is a bugbear when it comes to exploiting a motorhome's showering facilities. Our Herald had over 80 litres of fresh-water storage capacity, but the waste-water tank could hold just 36 litres. We seldom stay on campsites and, as a morning shower is a ritual for us both, I was forever cursing the undersized waste tank and eventually replaced it with a 65 litre version that could last us 2 days minimum. If your 'van's water pump is pressure-operated, it's well worth swapping the basic shower-head that's often fitted by converters to one with an ON/OFF trigger. This can substantially reduce shower-water usage, particularly if you employ the sailor's technique of damping all over first, then soaping all over, then rinsing off. I used to reckon on 10-15 litres of water usage per person per shower using this method. Nowadays, with our Hobby's 100 litre tanks (fresh and waste) we can afford to be more profligate. Our Herald had a plastic cover shielding the upper section of the bathroom window frame. Beneath the cover was a curtain-track and a small 'shower curtain' could be drawn across to protect the window and blind mechanisms from water spray. The Herald's main shower curtain only protected the bathroom door originally, which meant that the bench toilet used to get a soaking. To prevent this we doubled the curtain's width and the 'spare half' reached to a self-adhesive hook fixed to the opposite wall to the door. I'm not sure how practicable this wheeze would be in a Nuevo as the bathroom design seems to make it inevitable that the furniture will end up wet when the shower is used. Yesterday at the S&M show (Sorry - a slip of the tongue - I meant the Shepton Mallet show) I saw one motorhome with a very compact bathroom where the shower curtain was attached to a roughly circular ceiling-mounted track. This would protect the door and the remaining three walls, but I had a strong suspicion you'd end up wearing the wet curtain when showering. I was once told by an Auto-Sleepers representative that their Orian brand was to sold in New Zealand where (presumably for environmental reasons) it was obligatory for new motorhomes to have a waste-water tank capacity at least equal to that of the fresh-water reservoir. No sign of this happening yet on UK Orians though.

Guest Brian Ramsden
On my Talisman there is a separate small curtain (same material as the main shower curtain)which covers the window - perhaps yours should have one and it has been missed off? Not difficult to fix one as it is just a straight bit of curtain rail and two press studs for the bottom corners. It draws back into the corner and is held there by the same fastenings as hold the main curtain, when not in use. Brian

• 2 weeks later...
I think that tree-showers are now illegal within the EC as there is no provision for catching the grey water before it polutes the ground.

Archived