Autotrail Dakota blind

ALANSUE

I have experienced a similar problem with our awning.the first time it happened I tried a bit more force and the winding handle broke!

I had Vantage lubricate the mechanism at the next service and that helped but no idea where or what you lubricate. It still has a tendency to stick on the one end now and again and I find it helps if I speed up the winding force just before it is about to lock into place to give it some oomph. If it still sticks out I use the end of the winding pole to push it fully into place. I would be concerned about driving with one end sticking out as there might be a risk it would unwind.

I just had a look on YouTube and searched for Fiamma F65 awning adjustment and found a video of someone showing you how to carry out the adjustment. The adjustment was not to a nut but to the cylindrical end of the pole that the awning winds onto. The guy used a large screwdriver to push on a slot in the end of the pole to push it round and so add more tension. Worth a look I think.

Archived