Autotrail Ducato 2011 electrics

Mark S

Due to numerous trips with a very disfunctional radio I decided to upgrade and now have a Pioneer system which I am very pleased with. When I installed it I originally used permanent live which was on original radio. This stopped working and could not find out why or able to trace. It goes down into a plug under passenger side footwell. I decided to then run supply from one of leisure batteries and got system up and running fine. Only issue I find now is when I start engine I get a beeping from control panel above habitation door. It is only apparent when engine running and does not happen with ignition on. If anyone could please advise would be very grateful.

The suggestion to contact Sargent is a good one. They have been known to provide good telephone support.

The (2011) schematics already linked to show the radio being originally supplied from the oe Fiat connector for an aftermarket radio, which is roughly where you describe it.

AFAIK, this is itself designed to be supplied from the larger convertors connection in the door pillar (and is ostensibly fused by Fiat at fuse F49, though I am working from newer documentation than 2011).

However, Sargent may make their own arrangements, and I can find one contemporary reference to Sargent fusing the radio via a small fuse/control box of their own behind the drivers seat (along with fridge fuses, etc).

"The EM40 Interface Unit - This small unit is located at floor level behind the drivers’ seat. The unit

houses fuses for the fridge, vehicle battery, radio and other systems. It also provides connections

for the optional tow bar harness."

Their further description does not identify a radio fuse in the defined positions for this box, but does show several spare circuits.

If the new radio has a slightly higher current draw than that replaced, then it may well be a blown fuse. I would be inclined to check fuse F49 (as per Fiat handbook) and (IMO, a more likely suspect) look for a blown fuse in the EM40 Interface Unit. If you can find such a fuse, then you should be able to revert connections (albeit with a slightly higher-rated fuse).

Can't help with the beeping, however.

Do I not feel silly. Checked all fuse boxes apart from ones at EC500 which I had done previously and obviously missed the one fuse that had been blown there. It looked ok but checked with multimeter and told me different. Have now changed and all working good now.

Feel a bit of a plonker now. I did contact Sargent but still awaiting reply but in meantime thought I'd go over everything again so problem solved.

Archived