Autotrail Mohawk reversing camera.

tringy

Hi all, my reversing camera that is built in to my autotrail has packed up, it's combined with the radio satnav and media system. It has been replaced some 9 months ago due to a fault with the satnav system but now the device says reversing camera system unavailable. It was OK then there was coloured streeks across the screen but now it I get nothing. I looked at the rear camera but it seems to be sealed in at the back, I was going to see if there was a lose connection. By the way it's out of warranty now. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and what was the fix? Kind regards. Tringy.

Hi Tringy,

I believe the connection for the camera is in the centre locker at the rear of your AT. Inside the locker you should find a rectangular plastic cover held in place with half a dozen screws. Have a look and see if it has come loose.

PS What year is your Mohawk as the camera cover probably differs over the years.

Keith.

tringy

If the joint where the reversing camera connects to the cable that leads forwards to the radio-unit in your Mohawk’s cab is not accessible from inside the motorhome, then (logically) the connection may be behind the plastic moulding through which the camera ‘looks’. And if that’s the case, then removing the moulding may be challenging

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Auto-Trail-Camera-removal/31076/

(Suggest you check the rear of your motorhome’s interior very carefully to see if there’s any sort of hatch or cover that the camera cabling might be hidden behind. You don't want to damage the camera’s cover if the connection is lurking somewhere inside the motorhome.)

There is a connection for the camera in the rear locker above the bed in my 2015 AT tracker FB. Currently my reversing camera is not working and just shows a blue screen when reverse is selected. Waiting to get home from my current trip to test the circuit. Cheers,

tringy - 2018-11-15 6:07 PM

Hi again, my Mohawk is 2015 and there is no locker inside behind the camera just a very small gusset with no screws, it's just a infill I think. Cheers. Tringy.

I've just looked for photos of the interior of a 2015 Mohawk and have a question, Is the infill 'gusset' an angled wood effect panel? If so try looking in the lockers either side for screws holding it in place. It may well be hiding the camera connection.

Keith.

Just looked at mine and as Keith says i think it could be behind the angle panel, as for getting that off i haven't got a clue, there are some screws in the cupboard maybe undo these and see if it pulls out thats all i can suggest *-) also there is conduit that goes to each speaker under the cupboard with a black box covering ... i would look in these boxes 1st you never know ;-) and pull the tops of the conduit to see whats in there then maybe follow these wires/conduit

Jonathan

Archived