Autotrail flip down tv

algynon

Autotrail motorhomes fit as standard as far as I know Avtex TV's

I replaced my Avtex drop down TV in the cab with a new Avtex. Bear in mind that the image needs to be flipped to what would normally be upside down as the TV is hung from the flip down bracket. On The older Avtex TV's it had to be physically carried out by having the screen itself taken off and the main body of the TV and turned through 180 degrees. (I think Avtex used to do this as a matter of course when supplying TV's for Autotrail drop down cab TV's.) If this has been done on your existing TV then the infra red receiver for the remote will now be on what is now the 'top edge' of the TV.

On the newer Avtex TV's the screen can be 'flipped ' the 180 degrees from the set up programme rather than physically. Avtex themselves are extremely helpful and will offer advice on this.

I am now going to send my original faulty Avtex TV to the for repair and keep as a spare.

I don't know if other makes of TV have this facility.

Dave

PS The newer Avtex have HDMI connections and the USB is powered so as to enable additional items like an Amazon Fire Stick to be powered from the USB without the need of the external power supply. If you do get an Avtex then to flip the screen you need the manufacturers programme access code. Press 'Source' then 2580 immediately. This gives an otherwise hidden set up screen. One setting will say 'Mirror' which you turn on. Another if you want to power the uSB port is marked USB. Default is off.

Ring Avtex is probably best they will talk you through it.

Thank you for all that brilliant information its just what I wanted, does the new Avtex connect easily to the existing ones, and does it still connect to the unit on the Dash. Was it a simple swap or a shop job.

Would you have a link to the replacement flip tv.

thanks again.

Algy

The TV has a standard VESA mount and connections on mine were the same although not in exactly the same positions on the new TV. Not sure what you mean by connecting to the unit on the dash. My TV on an Autotrail Dakota 2015 is just a stand alone flip down TV albeit mine has the built in Satellite decoder and DVD

Avtex have a very helpful customer services. You need to make sure you get the same size TV as the original as if its like mine it fits in to a recess when stored horizontally. (They are measured diagonally across the screen.)

Perhaps someone else will be along with better advice/information than I have given.

Try this link

https://www.avtex.co.uk/

I see that you have also posted this on Motorhome facts

Perhaps someone there will be able to help. I also understand that your cab head unit also has a TV built in. I have no experience of this or how the two TV,s are connected.

me thinks professional help is needed.

• 3 months later...

Hi Chudders,

I'm looking to change my 2013 Savannah 12ELE2000 head unit (It's rubbish!) and upgrade the Flip TV to HD at the same time.

I've contacted Avtex and the sales guy (New...) does not think they sell a drop down TV,

Could you possibly give me the model number of the unit you fitted?

Thanks

Mark

The Avtex TV is one of their standard TV's. Sizes vary and of course need to fit in the recess on the cab ceiling. They have a standard VESA mount on which to mount on the existing drop down bracket.

As I mentioned this effectively mounts the TV upside down so the image will also be upside down but as previously you access the set up menu and you flip the screen electronically (Mirror on the programme)

Not sure what model I bought. I will have a look and get back.

Ta Dave

PS Just out of interest just spoke to AVTEX who confirm all newr models have the ability to flip the screen electronically and just need to be mounted as mentioned above and then mirrored.

I recommend you give AVTEX a ring (02920847670) and speak to service dept NOT sales. Option 2 is I think the required option. They will explain in full and give advice. Very helpful business. They will tell you how to access the hidden programme and flip the screen and enable the USB ports. Bear in mind that the connection points (power and signal connections etc) may be in a slightly different position on a new Avtex

The original question also relates to the connection of the cab TV but I don't have this option on my 2015 Dakota so have no idea how both are connected.

Thanks for the info and the super quick response.

I have an Avtex supplier in the next town so will call in and source one,

(Now just need to see which head unit is best to replace the rubbish 12ELE200 currently wasting space in my MoHo!)

Thanks again

Mark

Archived