Avtex l199drs-pro v-2

Den

As steve asked, is this every time you tune in? I'm guessing you are talking about terrestrial tv, different channels may be on lower power depending on transmitter, around here Quest HD, BBC News HD etc are on lower power and some people might have to retune to non HD channels in poor conditions.

We’ve always used dish and the last motorhome we had fitted a dime.

All of them extremely good, not quite so good now the footprint has shrunk, but between the dish and my mobile all was good.

Our latest MH came with the 550 and I think it will soon have a dome fitted and a larger Tv.

It’s interesting to know how the channels are broadcast.

I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thank you to all whom responded

Den

Hi Folks, I have had a similar problem with my Avtex/500 combination. I think that the transmissions can be either vertically polarised or horizontally polarised. If that is the case then with the antenna position horizontal it will provide better performance with horizontally polarised transmissions. If your antenna is positioned vertically it will perform better with vertically polarised transmissions. If you position your antenna at 45 degrees you can pick up channels with both polarity signals although at an attenuated level. In practice it works well as a strong signal can tolerate the reduction in signal strength and still perform well. Give it a try!

Archived