Awesome Xmas

Geeco

Due to our geographic position we are among the first to see 25th December. So let me be the first to say to all the contributors on my favourite forum please have a safe and enjoyable Christmas & festive season. Forget Brexit and have a glass of something for me. Cheers,

Billggski - 2018-12-23 7:54 PM

Cheers, my nephew and his Australian girlfriend have just travelled back here for Christmas! Their choice I suppose. ??

Phoned my friend up and he says it's hot, been very wet, so is tropical even in NSW, and the flies are out en mass. When we next visit him it won't be at Christmas.

Colin it is ok at Christmas the flies do not like prawns, crab, lobster or Balmain bugs (like a small crab) and the BBQ plate is too hot. Plenty of sunshine in Sydney for the next 3 or 4 days with no rain forecast, temp 25 to 29C, seems ok to me. Cheers,

Geeco - 2018-12-23 10:46 PM

Colin it is ok at Christmas the flies do not like prawns, crab, lobster or Balmain bugs (like a small crab) and the BBQ plate is too hot. Plenty of sunshine in Sydney for the next 3 or 4 days with no rain forecast, temp 25 to 29C, seems ok to me. Cheers,

That was last week in Moruya, having experienced 40+ over Christmas period next time we go will probably be February to March sort of time.

Merry Christmas Geeco to you and your family. My daughter comes out to Sidney in January for a two year work placement so next year we plan to join her for Christmas in the sunshine in your wonderful country. All I want for next Christmas is to persuade the old man that we could spend some money set aside to pay off the mortgage to pay for an upgrade on our usual cattle class travel arrangements.

We always travel cattle class & use the savings for better restaurants. After all you are only on the plane for 20 something hours. Buy a set of good quality Bose noise cancelling headphones and leave them on while in the air. They cancel out the engine & aircon noise, you can also hear the movie audio much clearer. Cheers,

There are two fireworks sessions. The first is at 9PM for the kids then the major session is at midnight.The ABC ( like BBC) has a several hour concert before and during the two sessions from a stage outside the Opera House. It is on free to air TV. I watched the 9pm session while my wife & her sister watched the midnight session. We have attended several years sitting around the harbour, it is a great spectacle for the first few times but now with over a million people trying to get home after midnight it can be a slow trip home. See the link below for the midnight session. Happy new year Will.

Geeco - 2019-01-01 3:54 AM

it is a great spectacle for the first few times but now with over a million people trying to get home after midnight it can be a slow trip home.

London has similar problems, gf has been with her sister, but the last time they worried it was close to a disaster with the crowds moving out at the end so they haven't been since.

Archived