BRITTANY FERRIES Online advert today

ALAN G

ALAN G - 2020-01-16 6:36 PM

They say "The UK is expected to leave the EU at the end of January but a transition period will be in place until at least the end of 2020 so travel to France this year will be as simple as ever"

Is that confusing?

No.

I don’t know which on-line advert Alan is referring to, but the Brittany Ferries newsletter emailed yesterday to Club Voyage members (like me) said

Travel with confidence post-Brexit

With the prime minister’s Brexit deal having been passed by parliament, a transition period will follow until the end of this year, during which borders can be crossed as normal and pet passports will continue to apply meaning no change or undue stress for you and your travel plans this year.

For more information the newsletter reader is directed to the Brexit-related Q&A webpage on the following link.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/will-brexit-affect-my-travel-plans

They say "The UK is expected to leave the EU at the end of January but a transition period will be in place until at least the end of 2020 so travel to France this year will be as simple as ever"

Is that confusing?

No to be honest. Crystal clear. A transition period was always part of the "leaving with a deal" strategy as far as I was aware

Is that confusing?

Not really.

I would assume it means that until the ' negotiators ' come up with a new set of rules, the old rules will apply.

Can't really see any alternative.

:-|

Archived