Back from Spain? 2 Week isolation announced

david lloyd

Just two minutes ago on ITV news it was announced that the Government are to announce shorty that visitors arriving back from Spain will have to isolate for two weeks with effect from midnight tonight due to the increase in Covid cases in the country.

Maybe they will get it back under control for us to get away from the winter......

David

A motorhome in a Covid-19 world is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

We're giving some serious thought to selling our van as there's no point having so much money just sitting on the drive.

If you don't intend to leave your castle and don't intend to lower the drawbridge then you might as well sell it but there's no reason you can't use it to still travel. We've already used ours to enjoy a couple of short trips and we're planning on a longer holiday in September so don't give up just yet theres plenty to see without crossing the water.

Bop - 2020-07-25 8:11 PM

We're giving some serious thought to selling our van as there's no point having so much money just sitting on the drive.

Seems a bit premature to be thinking of selling just because of the latest virus.

Once there is a vaccine, or even a cure, things will no doubt get back to some sort of normal -

-- it's just a matter of time ( hopefully ).

;-)

stevec176 - 2020-07-25 6:51 PM

You think? It isnt going to go away. I wont be making long term plans just make all plans at last minute. If I don't get away this year there's always next year or even the year after.

My Jehovah’s Witness pal assures me that the Rapture will occur on 3 March 2021 and, as I’m certain that I shan’t be among the ‘other sheep’ let alone the ‘anointed’, I plan to go to France for a fortnight in September and again in October to stock up with wine for the winter. Even if the UK applies a 1, 2, 3 or 4 week quarantine rule while I’m abroad, as long as I’ve got plenty of wine at home, that will be fine. Hardly different to the last 4 months, in fact.

In June I was told to self isolate until further notice, a month later I phoned the hospital to ask what was happening, only to be told to come off of self isolation until further notice, at some time I will once again have to self isolate for two weeks.

For me it would make little differance, I'm fine with self isolation for a couple of weeks.

Having had to swap our planned 3 week Summer Continental trip for 2 weeks UK "staycation", I would be inclined to agree.

Simply put, I would rather stay at home than repeat the last couple of weeks of the "UK camping experience".

A Bank Holiday long weekend in the UK is one thing, having to pre-book sites in advance & be stuck with a rigid schedule for 2 or 3 weeks is something else entirely. Our Continental trips just have a ferry outbound & inbound booked - everything else is done "on the fly" according to to how the weather looks, how we like (or don't) where we end up stopping or which events or locations we wish to attend. Used like that the MH comes into it's own & justifies the expense of operating it for me - it is a facilitator which enhances the holiday experience.

The UK motorhoming experience is less than I expect, and if that is to be "the new normal" as the news-speak has it, then it is not for me. Possibly just as well that there seems to be a lot of demand for used vans at present - maybe values will be bouyant.

Nigel B.

oh dear, "hammer to crack an egg" I think. ..hope you managed OK. Spain and indeed the whole of the rest of Europe have managed this epidemic better than this country, that's a fact, so we are not going to allow this rather heavy handed approach to stop us from enjoying our usual autumn break on the Continent. Spain will have it's regional spike under control by September since it's management of the virus is far, far, better than here, so, off we shall go. If Spain should be a probem then we shall potter round France and maybe drop into Italy, who knows. Don't really care if we have to self isolate when we return as we are retired so we can do that without too much difficulty.

Guest pelmetman
HarveyHeaven - 2020-07-30 10:10 PM

oh dear, "hammer to crack an egg" I think. ..hope you managed OK. Spain and indeed the whole of the rest of Europe have managed this epidemic better than this country, that's a fact, .

Cobblers *-) ......

Guest pelmetman
HarveyHeaven - 2020-07-30 10:15 PM

Figures released today by the ONS....look at the evidence.

Were you in Spain when they went into Lockdown? :-| .......

I was ;-) .......

And then what? Stay in a hotel with lots of other germs people, or rent a holiday home with virus on every surface? Pesonally, I think a self-contained portable home of my own is the best option, plenty to see in UK. No wonder motor caravans sale are up.

Archived