Bailey 765 Control Unit

Y THE

The Control Unit above the habitation door on my Bailey 765 has become detached from the panel and has fallen backwards into the recess! It appears that to re-fix it I have 2 options 1) remove the control unit surround or 2) remove the habitation door fly screen and the panel above it to gain access to the rear of the control unit to re-fix it.

Option 1 should be simple but I can't find a way to remove the unit surround without damaging the panel it is mounted on.

Option 2 looks a lot more involved and I can't see how the Dometic fly screen assembly is attached so I can remove it to gain access to the screws holding the panel above it.

Does anyone know how the control unit should be attached or has anyone had a similar experience and can offer some advice please?

I have a 740 and removed the front plate and unfixed the main panel a few weeks ago. Just n case I suffered with the disappearing buttonproblemitsoinds like you've got now.

The grey plate is clipped in by 2 mounded ridges in each of the 4 sides that just sit in grooves in the main panel.

You have to use a thin blade to ease out a corner and then slide the blade along to release one at a time. Seems a bit brutal at first but after a few ridges release the plate can be eased off with fingers.

A few screws release the man panel and then you can pull it out to get the buttons back in position and refix the pcb.

I think the plate is not too expensive from Bailey if you are unforetunate and break it.

Good luck.

Thanks to Troggy and Derek for the information and for taking the trouble to assist. I am planning to give it a go over the next couple of days when I should have received a suitable tool to do the job. Fingers crossed I can get the cover off without breaking anything.

Archived