Barclays Banking

Guest Don Madge

Guest Don Madge
Do you bank with Barclays? if so read on. Today we received a letter from Barclays stating "YOUR NEW CHIP AND PIN CARD IS ON THE WAY" If your new card does not arrive in the next 21 one days, please inform us immediately on 01604 230 230. When your new card arrives, you should start using it straight away. Please destroy your old card by cutting it in half. Your old card will be cancelled as soon as you use your new card or 28 days after you receive your new card, which ever is sooner. That seems very clear I thought, except I'm away on the 6 May and won't be back home until the 9 July. What if my new card arrives on the 7 May and the old one gets cancelled 28 days later. I'm in a foreign country unable to draw cash on a cancelled debit card. Straight on the phone to Barclays, explain position, can you hold the cards until we get back ? No, the issue has been started the cards cannot be cancelled. Outcome:- Barclays will courier are debit cards to us next Wednesday. If they had started to issue the cards in January we would have been in Australia with no means of getting cash. Safe travelling Don PS> This is for info only I don't wish to start a thread on the merits of Travellers Cheque's, carrying cash or any other method of obtaining cash abroad.

Archived