Bathroom seal

Mikebs

Hello,

I'm after some help please. The vertical rubber seal (as shown in attached photo) is peeling away from the wall in van's shower. The seal is shown flopped over the purple cloth.

I would like to "re-stick" the seal. What adhesive or other product would be most suitable for this repair.

Thanks for any useful advice.

1930877434_bathroomseal.thumb.jpg.da79730ec9770c243d071c632977c5fc.jpg

First you need to remove the existing adhesive residues from both the strip and the shower surround.

Then use something like Everbuild Stixall adhesive ...made by Sika and a very good adhesive.

I use it instead of Sika 512 and find it as good if not better. (It even cure under water so they say?)

I have sealed all my window surrounds and parts of the roof panels on my Benima and have had no further leaks. It also stays usable for many months something that adhesives like 512 do not.

Personally I would secure the strip plus stixall with masking tape to hold it in place and leave at least 24 hrs to cure.

For a really neat job run masking tape down each side of the shower surround about the width of the strip. When cured peel this off to leave a clean finish.

Others may well suggest different adhesive/ sealants but Stixall works fine for me!

I even glue the soles of my gardening boots back on with it - still OK after 3 years!

Jeremy

Archived