Battery monitoring through a smart phone.

TnT

Rather more than a year ago I twice left my motorhome hook-up cable disconnected long enough that the starter battery proved unable to start the vehicle and after the second episode I replaced the battery, an expensive lesson to learn.

I just discovered "battery guards" with Bluetooth but realise that if I'm forgetful enough to leave the hook-up cable disconnected I am not likely to be any better at opening an app on my phone to check the battery!

Is there such a thing as a battery monitor which would send a message to a nominated smart phone as soon as the battery voltage falls below a specified value?

I've found ours very useful for checking the charger profile is correct for our gel battery. It is, you can see the voltage being held at 14.2v for several hours, and if it doesn't I know we've had a bad solar day and the battery may not be fully charged.

You get a graph, voltage over time, an excellent gadget for £20. It only uses 2ma too (low power Bluetooth 4 :) )

I simply use the phone's calendar to give me a reminder each month.

1 entry for switch on & another to switch off, with repeats as far forward as you wish.

Has worked for me for over 11years, still on original starter & leisure batteries. reliance on signal availability.

So no reliance on signal quality.

Archived