Battery voltage?

weldted

Having fitted two new Yuasa L36-EFB batteries prior to leaving for France, am a bit concerned having run them through a few cycles to work them up all seemed ok. Having been parked up for two days with a fair bit of tv charging iPhone and pad, very little help from solar I noticed today although the Voltronic computer said I was down to 79% the voltage was 12.1. As we were not wishing to move and on our own I ran my Honda eu10i to charge the batteries through my Victron Bluetooth 30 amp charger. After two hours they were still taking 23 amps absorption charge and it was another hour before the charge fell below 20 amps.

I would have thought at 79% of 200 amps the voltage would have been higher. When parking up the batteries were at 100% having used my system of charging as previously posted.

Any idea how many Ah were drawn? Don't know your computer but I never look at the % display on the victron bmv. Don't trust it as it depends on certain settings rather than measurable quantity. Guess it's safe to assume the 12.1 was without a load?

Based on starting voltage the charging current makes sense (~90Ah in 4h) , so I would assume the issue is with how % is calculated in your case.

Archived