Becks Motorhomes cease trading

johnfromnorfolk

A video celebrating their 50th year in business, founder Donald Beck said, "we've 50 years behind us and many more ahead". Little did he know then but unfortunately they only had four more years. :'(

Only two of the six franchises they held were British built vans.

Wow, I spoke to them just recently regarding a brand new motorhome. They could not supply what I was asking without a long wait. There could be some buyers out there that have paid a large deposit and of course even by credit card it is only returned if the total cost is under ( I believe £30 k ) Most new mhs are over that limit, mine was. Phew, we don`t need stuff like that on top of everything else. Let`s hope no-one has got their fingers burnt.

Alan

Not surprised they could have been less interested if they tried when I was looking to purchase a new motorhome. Went to Simpsons who were totally a different kettle of fish most helpful and welcoming so they received my order. Also there after sales has been very good.

Bulletguy - 2020-12-03 7:11 PM

"we've 50 years behind us and many more ahead". Little did he know then but unfortunately they only had four more years. :'(

And he only had three years to live, which may be the reason they have ceased trading.

I see on WC that someone has been sent a insurance backed policy for remainder of warrantee, so it looks like customers are being sorted.

Whilst ultimately the reason for Becks closure is none of my business, from the available information I would guess that they have ceased trading for personal reasons (which of course may have a financial element).

There appears to be no indication of insolvency.

Archived