Beds.

Guest Patrick

Guest Patrick
I notice that in some Motohomes, especially high tops the single beds are only 1'11" wide. That seems awfully narrow compared with normal beds. What are they like to sleep on?

Guest David Powell
Think positive,tuck the sleeping bag in well, have faith, and they are surprisingly comfortable. Loose faith, unzip your sleeping bag and you will probably fall out if you roll over during the night. So if you don't have faith put some cushions on the floor..As far as I know most people manage fine. My wife pulls the cushion/matress out a bit from the wall and gains a couple more inches width.

Well here we go - I'll start with definately duvet. We have a fixed bed so the duvet is always there and ready. Sleeping bag seems to much for our taste.

Guest David Powell
Sleeping bags for single, and double, as they unzip and open out to 6ft 6ins by 6ft 6ins for a double or fixed bed. Two will also zip together to to make double sized sleeping bag, so will not slip off like a duvet. You pays your money and takes your choice. If you are posh like Norma, and have a fixed bed, duvet is best as you can wash and change the covers, nice and clean each time out.

Definitely duvet. For a double bed, two King size, a thick one and a thin one. The former on the top during the winter with the thinner one below. In the summer change them around. They always live in the van. Easy to wash and who wants to struggle in a sleeping bag?

Guest David Powell
There you are Patrick, all that should give you a good idea. We have two 'vans, one with narrow singles, That is the sleeping bag 'van. The other one has a double bed, but only 4ft, so that is our duvet 'van, and like JohnP we have two duvets, a thick and a thin. I would advise you to follow Johns advice and use King Size, we only have normal double bed size which can let a bit of chilly air in around the sides. So here is wishing you good comfortable sleeps what ever size the beds are.

Guest David Powell
Hi Norma...not as posh as it sounds, our motor home is 15 years old, the other one is a tugger that follows us around behind a faithful 10 year old 4X4.

Sorry to introduce a note of dissent, but would you sleep in a bed only 1' 11" wide at home? I certainly wouldn't. Nor would I in a motorhome! You spend approaching a third of each day in bed and I see little point in buying a motorhome - whatever the cost - with these sorts of limitations.

Archived