Bike rack

mids

Hi have a new Broadway eb . Have a problem with the bike carry the bikes cover the lights.even worse with a cover on .thinking about a trailer board. Any one knows if a autosleeper is already wired for something like this to connect to it.

Thank you

Probably not. Suggest you need to be asking this question of the dealer who sold you the van and presumably fitted the bike rack.

Great thing, a bike rack. Can tie the dogs to it, hang damp towels on it, make an al fresco table, fix flagpole to it, carry external screen cover when it's wet. No, we don't have bikes, but pleased we've got one!

The rear of a 2019 Auto-Sleepers Broadway EB is shown in the 1st attachment below and I think the ’trailer board’ Mids is asking about will be like the one in the 2nd image (that would need the reflector changes Keith has mentioned).

I don’t know if a Broadway EB has towing electrical pre-wiring, but (as Conrad has said) probably not.

1972450929_BroadwayEB.jpg.d2326f5989f36d45fb4699bcb16f8c8a.jpg

2062190583_trailerlightboard.jpg.dcb8915abb2f2e17eede2a14e8a14678.jpg

Keithl - 2019-11-22 10:16 PM

But remember if you do use a trailer board that it is illegal to display triangular red reflectors on a motor vehicle other than a trailer so you must remove them and replace with another shape (eg square or round).

Keith.

Ah ! I didn't know that and have been using an 'off the shelf' trailer light board on my towbar mounted, fixed scooter bracket with triangular reflectors for years now as the scooter obscures most of the vehicle lights.

I can't find the regulations that clearly refer to this, any idea what size the round or square reflectors should be to replace the triangular ones please ?

dipsticks - 2019-11-24 10:24 PM

Keithl - 2019-11-22 10:16 PM

But remember if you do use a trailer board that it is illegal to display triangular red reflectors on a motor vehicle other than a trailer so you must remove them and replace with another shape (eg square or round).

Keith.

Ah ! I didn't know that and have been using an 'off the shelf' trailer light board on my towbar mounted, fixed scooter bracket with triangular reflectors for years now as the scooter obscures most of the vehicle lights.

I can't find the regulations that clearly refer to this, any idea what size the round or square reflectors should be to replace the triangular ones please ?

Construction and Use Regulation 8. (b)

"(b) No vehicle, other than a trailer or a broken-down motor vehicle being towed, may be fitted with triangular-shaped rear reflectors."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/made

(Search for 'Triangular' is the easiest way to find the right section).

And I don't think there are any particular regulations regarding size of reflectors but I'll check and update if I find any.

Keith.

...for a lighting board on an attached (rear wall or towball) bike rack I don't believe there are any special requirements for (additional) reflectors. (though triangular ones should not be fitted).

The lights fitted to the board should be in line with the requirements for rear lighting on the main vehicle, something that can be confirmed by reference to pictures of towbar mounted racks with integral lights, or Halfords cycle carrier lighting board (the latter having prominent separate square reflectors because the lights don't incorporate reflectors like the Thule units do).

https://cdn1.static-tgdp.com/ui/productimages/approved/std.lang.all/53/44/555344_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

https://i1.adis.ws/i/washford/910612?w=637&h=403

Robinhood - 2019-11-25 8:10 AM

...for a lighting board on an attached (rear wall or towball) bike rack I don't believe there are any special requirements for (additional) reflectors. (though triangular ones should not be fitted).

The lights fitted to the board should be in line with the requirements for rear lighting on the main vehicle, something that can be confirmed by reference to pictures of towbar mounted racks with integral lights, or Halfords cycle carrier lighting board (the latter having prominent separate square reflectors because the lights don't incorporate reflectors like the Thule units do).

And at only £20 the Halfords board is considerably cheaper than the Fiamma at £145

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/bike-rack-accessories/halfords-cycle-carrier-lighting-board

Keith.

Archived