Bikerack Cover for 4 Adult Bikes

Wasnt Me

Wasn't Me - 2019-03-08 8:33 PM

Thanks I'll take a look.

The issue is we have big mountain bikes, with long wide handlebars and they don't fit in the Fiamma one.

We turn the handlebars of our mountain bikes when on the bike rack - they fit better that way and take up less room.

(and anyone who pinches them will need an Allen key to adjust the handlebars before they ride off ).

;-)

malc d - 2019-03-08 8:48 PM

Thanks I'll take a look.

The issue is we have big mountain bikes, with long wide handlebars and they don't fit in the Fiamma one.

We turn the handlebars of our mountain bikes when on the bike rack - they fit better that way and take up less room.

(and anyone who pinches them will need an Allen key to adjust the handlebars before they ride off ).

;-)

Thanks I do this also, but it makes them longer, which doesn't help.

Derek Uzzell - 2019-03-09 7:41 AM

Thule markets a cover for 4 bikes (Part Number 307336). Sample advert here

https://www.homesteadcaravans.co.uk/accessory-shop/caravan-motorhome/bike-carriers/thule-4-bike-cover-.htm

Another company offering ‘bespoke’ covers is this one

https://www.bagsandcoversdirect.co.uk/search/bike

Thanks the Fiamma one is supposed to be for 4 but it doesn't fit over them.

It would be useful if someone has used one for 4 Adult bike.

Wasn't Me - 2019-03-08 10:42 PM

malc d - 2019-03-08 8:48 PM

Thanks I'll take a look.

;-)

Thanks I do this also, but it makes them longer, which doesn't help.

I haven't had the bikes on the rack for a while - but when I did turn the handlebars I remember we also reversed the direction of the front wheel - and the bike was a bit shorter.

Had to do that because originally they projected too far out from the side of the van.

:-|

I never really managed to get 4 bikes onto the rack without it taking ages and lots of swearing. Fritz Berger do a cover that says it will go over 4 bikes. See link below. Its in German but Google Chrome will translate for you.

https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/fiamma-fahrradschutzhuelle-bike-cover-s-3-65089

I did have a cover for 4 bikes, Fritz Berger own make but they don't seem to market it now, probably because it was too difficult to put on. I'd also read the reviews, they are not very positive!

Archived