Bosch PAG 12v Air Pump for Tyre Pressures

Guest Rowan Lee

Guest Rowan Lee
I have just read Lindsay Porter's excellent article on tyres - thank you Lindsay. We have had problems with getting our tyres blown up, the local garages now all seem to have air pumps which only go up to 60psi and we need 65psi. The Bosch PAG 12v Air Pump seemed the answer to our prayers, but I have been unable to find one, even on the Bosch website. I have tried Screwfix, diytools.com and all those with no joy. Has anyone any suggestions? Has it been discontinued?

Guest Derek Uzzell
Previous related forum postings of 04/10. 24/10 and 09/11. It seems that the Bosch pump has been discontinued but some may still be available via e-bay. 7 years ago I bought a 12v 'cigar=lighter plug' pump for about £15 (this is the sort of tyre pump you see advertised by Argus and the like, or sold through high street motoring accessories outlets.) It claims to be able to pump to 250psi and it's been perfectly adequate and reliable during my ownership. For motorhomes, the downside of these 'car' pumps is that the power-cable may be insufficiently long and will need extending. The cigar-lighter sicket will also need to be adequately fused. I store the pump in the motorhome where it's always ready for action and there is no practical limitation to the length of time it can be in use. My experience of cordless power-tools is that, when you really need to use them, the batteries will require recharging: either that or the tool's output fades at the worst possible moment.

Guest Rowan Lee
Sorry Derek, I have just got back from three weeks holiday and haven't got back into the groove yet. I should have known someone would have been there before me. Thank you for the advice - I have snapped up one of the Bosch ones on ebay and I shall also look at the other options i.e. tyre seal and Tyron bands. I will also get the little Ultraseal indicators, they look like essential kit to me, especially at that price. I'm getting a bit paranoid I think.

Archived