Boxer 435 L4H2 fault code 0095

2GB Racing

Hi all, Just trying to sort out a recent fault code 0095 which appears to be IAT 2 so I assume inlet air temp sensor no 2 I have a new sensor but can not find the sensor on the vehicle, moved air box out of the way etc

I can find possible IAT 1 ( first sensor after filter ) and looks different to the new sensor so believe I'm correct re this but the rest of the inlet system is so inaccessible, So after much goggling to try and find a diagrammatic layout of sensors but to no avail I am asking if anyone has been through similar ?

New stainless screws on order for the air filter canister ( what a performance those screws are )

The vehicle has only done 2k miles over the 6 years of its life and half those between new year and lockdown since I purchased it.

I thank you for an responses.

Hi 2GB , I just replaced the turbo boost pressure sensor on my 2015 x290 which I think is the same but a different set up on the earlier x250 . It looks a very easy job to do on the 250 but on the 290 as it lays under the throttle body and is a lot more difficult to do,not so on the 250 It literally is plugged in to the top of the inlet manifold which is directly accessible and held down with one small bolt.i got replacement on ebay original Bosh part 20 pounds. Disconnect the starter battery and leave for a while,replace the sensor and just like plug and play. The cost is minimal so worth a go. I had trouble on and off with engine management light on so I decided to invest in a not to expensive code reader seems to have been a great move,it’s a Autel Autolink AL519 obd 2 & scan tool and about 85 pounds from Amazon and it is easy to use and videos of how to use it on YouTube .simples. Search my previous posts on turbo boost pressure sensor . I hope this helps.regards . Tringy

Ps. Mine looks like the same as the picture you have from the Fiat forums.

Thanks for the replies, I m thinking the chassis is defo X290 with later headlights with daytime running lights, The engine is 110 kW so around 147bhp, the photo on the Fiat link is defo not my engine though ?

The code reader was a mates Android phone with OBD reader but all very basic, So perhaps I need to invest

Hi again,it would help if you could please tell us exactly what the vehicle is and what date it was registered because around April 2015 Fiat went form the 250 to the 290 quite different but as you use a reference to a boxer which is a Peugeot,although parts are the same I am a little confused.is it a fiat or a Peugeot? Just trying to help you further. The task is very different to do on the 290 and I could tell you how to do it. Tringy

Hi Tringy thank you for the interest, It is a Peugeot boxer 2.2 Based Autocruise Alto on the Maxt chassis first registration date 30-03-2015 the engine has a stamping of 09-08-2014 the reg doc just states Boxer 435 L4H2 TL HDI, Doing the 2K miles in its life has not done the running gear any favors, Slowly going through it oil filters etc, Tow bar, Spare wheel + lifting gear etc. The fault code popped up 10 miles from home befor lock down.

Hi there again,i honestly could not say one way or another If it is 250 or 290 has i have no experience with Peugeot’s but I am sure there are a a lot more guy’s on here that will have better knowledge than me so if you get nowhere repost with exact details you have told me to start with.but what I will say more importantly is you must get the cambelt replaced if it is the same service time as the fiat interval at 5 years old or x amount of miles.if this brakes you will wasting your time with the sensor as most likely the whole engine will be destroyed.look in your service book for cambelt service intervals.i know that it’s done no miles but the rubber belt deteriorates over time regardless.hope this points you in the right direction. Don’t be afraid to ask for for more help. Good luck.Regards Tringy

Tringy thanks for the sound advice but after mailing Peugeot customer services with chassis / vin numbers they stated it is chain drive and hopefully the pressed tin plate cover at cam timing end confirms this. But I'm still not convinced

2GB Racing - 2020-06-23 6:47 PM

Tringy thanks for the sound advice but after mailing Peugeot customer services with chassis / vin numbers they stated it is chain drive and hopefully the pressed tin plate cover at cam timing end confirms this. But I'm still not convinced

is this the engine? Lint to engine on eBay

(Edit to shorten link - Keithl)

The engines in the Boxer/Relay are an entirely different range to those fitted in the Ducato. Except for a small number of the latter which used the 2.2 engine, the great majority of Ducatos used Fiat's own engines based on the Sofim 2.3 (and larger).

I get lost a little bit in the changes of engine, but AFAIR at the age of your van the Boxer was still being fitted with the 2.2 "Puma" of Ford origin, which most certainly was a chain-cam engine. If it is 2198cc on the V5C, that is what it will be.

(There is a different, 2179cc Peugeot based 2.2 in existence, but I don't think that ever made the Boxer).

Whatever version is fitted, if 2.2 it won't be anything like the Ducato 2.3 engine, and location of components shouldn't rely on Fiat reference material. Indeed, if it is 2198cc, whilst some components might be differently placed, I suspect checking the details for a contemporaneous Ford Transit 2.2 engine might be more helpful.

The 2.2L PUMA air pressure/temperature sensor (I think there is only the one) is as in the attached picture. From memory (I no longer have this engine although I've spent a considerable amount of time with my head under the bonnet..) it is to the gearbox side of the engine, in front just behind the radiator.

The engine does have a timing chain.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ad19bded39a0f6caff71bcf768abb065.JPG

Robinhood - 2020-06-23 7:06 PM

(There is a different, 2179cc Peugeot based 2.2 in existence, but I don't think that ever made the Boxer).

The 2179cc 2.2Hdi, a Peugeot/Ford collaboration, was used in the previous incarnation of the Boxer pre 2006.

2006-on in the X250 is, as you say, the 2198cc PUMA, pure Ford.

Hadn't really thought about looking on eLearn for the 2.2 engine (though I did highlight above that it was in minority use on some Ducatos).

That picture coincides with a number I've found for its use in the Transit. I think it's on the outlet from the intercooler, and I think the part looks like this:

tmap.jpg.62854082604e1d50f763913b7768e462.jpg

I've probably remembered the location wrong then if, as would make sense, it's on the outlet from the intercooler. The large diameter hoses and pipes leaving the intercooler (hung off of the bottom of the radiator) should be easy enough to follow though.

Wow I really do appreciate your help, the V5C states 2198cc and 110 kW, Variant RAFAS, Version CDBA very happy with any engine variant once confirmed Ford, Fiat, Or whatever it is. Interestingly my mail to Peugeot customer services was mailed from Peugeot South Africa Customer Services weird or not I did respond and still waiting for a reply.

Yup. That will be the chain-cam, Ford originating Puma engine. Ford shared a number of engines with Peugeot-Citroen, and vice versa.

Fitted to the virtually all of the standard-engined Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Relay (and the Ford Transit). It was also fitted to a limited run of Ducatos, most of these being fitted with the Sofim 2.3 engine.

I may be wrong about it being fitted on the intercooler outlet, but I've certainly seen it flagged as being there for Transits, and the diagram looks a bit like it.

The sensor is a T-MAP one (both temperature and pressure).

Ray it could be the same unit ? could say defo it plastic lid was off it re injector positions, dip stick is front left on mine and other pipe work is different but easily changed re models etc, but throttle unit at rear is correct position and alloy casting at top of head re timing pulley end looks correct. I will crawl under it tomorrow and check out the very large intercooler pipes re sensor

I have another reference to it in eLearn, (a different section to that shown above - it is for the 2.2 engine).

This implies that it is on a rigid pipe from the EGR to the inlet manifold.

I think the diagram is just a different angle, but it is more explicit on the location

TMAP2.JPG.f0c338a29a816be257919cfd4023c70b.JPG

Quick update, thank you for all the help so far, Found the IAT ( inlet air temp ) sensor right in front of my nose actually a green sensor for Oxgen I imagine, replacment was black which threw me.

Now runs static to water gauge in normal temp range without rad fans kicking in upon start up, Next job is to cancel dash Amber warning light ? Without a code reader I hope.

Checking engine numbers which on a printed label at top of timing cover with a goggle comes out with Peugeot boxer engine, And numbers on engine mount timing case end are stamped 22 PUMA so a 2.2 ford Puma engine mount at least, and or a Ford Puma engine branded as Peugeot which I presume is correct

Ford Puma engine, shared at the time with Citroen and Peugeot.

It wasn't unknown for the latter to leave the factory with Ford-branded ancillaries, such as oil filters.

(Ford also installed certain Peugeot engines in cars such as the Focus, at times in their history).

Archived