Break in!!! / Avtex AK86tm TV Bracket

valsarhino

Hi,

Bit of a cheeky ask but does anyone have a spare plate that goes on the back of the TV that connects to an Avtex AK86 bracket?

Unfortunately on the way to our campsite at the end of July last year we made a quick stop at the large Figueres and Roses Carrefour. We were only in the store for around 15mins, when a Spanish man asked if we were in a camper. When I said yes he made the sound of an alarm going off. My husband and I ran out to the car park but too late!!! Some ******* had tried to smash the Fiamma lock from across the habitation door and when this failed had got in through our lounge window. We could not believe how quick they must have been. They took our Avtex tv in its case ( the plate was on the back) along with our camera and a few other items.....even the cushions from our seating!!! As we left the supermarket there was a Swiss motorhomer who had also had a break in!!!. The Spanish police in L'Escala were very helpful, they said it was probably immigrants. We refused to let this ruin our holiday, needless to say we will not be leaving our motorhome unattended ever again in a public place.

Thanks Val

If you 'never leave the motorhome unattended in a public place ever again' you may as well sell up. How can you enjoy any area if you don't leave it or are you going to go out one at a time?. I wouldn't leave it in a private place, surely it's better to be in a place surrounded by people but not leave anything remotely valuable in view.

It’s a sad fact of life and visiting the south of France and the Costa Brava. I have been broken into 4 times over the years. All in Palamos just up from Barcelona and alway between 13.00 and 17.30 when there is no one about , eating or siesta time. All my friends who live there have had their property broken into at some point. Even campsites and aires in Spain are not that save I discovered through first hand expirence. People who have been lucky so far will say why didn’t you fit this or do that. It really does not make any difference what so ever. I can now recognise when my van is being watched by these scum bags and it is not always the people who break in. A girl in a car from a short distance, someone on a beach even a “ fellow “ motorhome owner. I’ve been on that bit of coast in my Hymers for nearly 20 years and it, in my opinion is getting to crowded so I’m leaving the Hymer at home next time and taking me Auto/Sleeper poptop down to Spain and rather that pay 12 to 13€ a night to park on an aire (about 350€ a month) I’m going to rent an apartment for the same price a month and once the cold weather goes use the A/Sleeper pop top for the warmer months and explore places you just can’t take even a van conversion. So will let you know how I get on Paul on A/S owners Forum Just to add I have found a good web site that you filter in what you are looking to rent/ buy so I know what the prices are and what you can get so my ‘van being under 2m high will always be garaged when not in use.

Hi.

Thanks for your advice. We have decided when travelling to Spain we will not leave our motorhome unattended!!! We were robbed in a very busy large supermarket car park next to a very busy dual carriageway so we were not in a quiet place!!! Once we are on our site we will feel safe. We have a small motorbike that we use to visit places of interest so once we are settled on the site we can enjoy our holiday.

It is so sickening to hear how many people have break-ins and I know that it doesn't matter what security you have fitted. I just wanted to warn others who might be in the area to be vigilant!!!

Regards

Val

Guest pelmetman
valsarhino - 2018-04-15 8:43 PM

Hi.

Thanks for your advice. We have decided when travelling to Spain we will not leave our motorhome unattended!!! We were robbed in a very busy large supermarket car park next to a very busy dual carriageway so we were not in a quiet place!!! Once we are on our site we will feel safe. We have a small motorbike that we use to visit places of interest so once we are settled on the site we can enjoy our holiday.

It is so sickening to hear how many people have break-ins and I know that it doesn't matter what security you have fitted. I just wanted to warn others who might be in the area to be vigilant!!!

Regards

Val

Sadly it's the new reality of open borders *-) .........

It wont stop us from spending our winters in Spain B-) .......

That said our only recent first hand experience of crime, was when some oike broke a window on our house in Lincolnshire whilst we were in Spain >:-( ..........

Archived