Breakdown Cover

steveandlisa

Hi,

Does anyone have a preferred Breakdown service?

I have been with RAC Arrival via Caravan&Camping for several years. Not cheap but they seem to cover most breakdown situations including any length and weight of motorhome which in my case is 24ft 8ins in length and 3500 kg weight.

I have searched for better quotes eg: Green Flag, AA, but I`m not sure if these people will recover a motorhome of my particular length and weight.

I have had a breakdown incident recently where I needed the RAC to rescue my motorhome and a low-loader truck was deployed to winch it up onto its bed, only just enough room with a 3.5ft overhang.

So do I stick with the RAC or can anyone advise me of a better and cheaper service but still offering a similar service?

Regards

Steve

Mayday provided by Green Flag for members of The Caravan and Motorhome Club has the same level of cover as Arrival for a cheaper fee. There is no weight/length restriction. It also covers breakdown on the way to a booked site - taking you there then back home or to your local repairer after your holiday.

We have been with Mayday for a number of years and our experience of it has been very good.

I get mine included with insurance. At the moment its Comfort. Never had to test the service though

Not aware of any exclusions but they know all the details of the vehicle as they insure it so my view would be policy is mis-sold if I subsequently have a problem.

I also have mine with Comfort. I dont have a spare wheel and wanted to know where I stood if I got a puncture or blow out so emailed them and got the following reply,

Good morning

Thank you for your email.

The breakdown service will come to your assistance. If they are unable to repair the tyre, they will tow you to the nearest garage.

Not sure how that will work with a blow out, hopefully wont need to find out ??

I'm also with Comfort with a 7.75mt x 4.5 ton hymer, a couple of years ago I had a big problem with my brakes in France, I got recovered at least 6 times but the Fiat garages where they took me couldnt find the problem until we got taken to a fiat garage in Narbonne where it finally got fixed,

all free, included in my insurance with Comfort, and from what I hear from others their price is reasonable

Archived