Breakdown Service

Guest David Collins

Guest David Collins
Further to my message earlier, I have since found that the AA wouldn't have low loaded me as my vehicle is too big (20.5ft). Is there any of the recovery services that will handle this size. I am sure when I bought the m/home I checked with the AA and it was within their limits, so perhaps they have increased the prices and reduced the value, no change there then.

David Both the major clubs have affiliated recovery services which wil take this size. Caravan Club called Mayday is with National Breakdown Camping & Caravanning Club is with RAC and named Arrival good luck Docted

Guest Brian Ramsden
Interestingly, the breakdown service offered by Safeguard as part of their insurance policy for campervans, is with the AA and Safeguard say that there are no weight or dimension limits. Brian Ramsden

Hi folks, We are insured with Safeguard, covered by AA breakdown. When we ere offered the cover from Safeguard, with our insurance about 4 years ago it was interesting to note that from our membership number we were the first customers. We used AA breakdown last year for the first time, everything was OK. the recovery vehicle could certainly have taken a longer vehicle than ours. David

Guest stuart dixon
Until today I had my insurance with Bakers of Cheltenham and for £50 extra, RAC cover was included. I had reason to call out the RAC last year - it wasn't the standard RAC vehicle which turned up but an organisation that dealt with heavy commercial vehicles. When my insurance renewal came through this year at over £414, I decided to shop around and have gone through the Caravan Club service and paid £190!! I already have family membership of the RAC for our cars and I decided to contact the RAC to see if I could join their "commercial breakdown service" as well. Having explained that I was also a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club, the RAC man said I could add my 7.1 mtr van to the family membership and there would be no extra charge. Admittedly it does not give continental cover, but I'll cross that bridge, tunnel or ferry when I come to it.

Stuart Like you were able to add your van to the RAC family membership, when the time comes all you need to do is add European cover to your membership. It will, however, cost you an additional premium. Regards Neal

Hi i did reply to somebody a few weeks back regarding AA breakdown, who i have been with for over 4 years but come april when its due again i shall not be a member due to the fact that my vehicle is 24 ft and they only cover up to 18ft. Friends of ours joined before xmas and was not told this or asked the length of their van, i explained the situation to them as we both have kontiki`s they rang the AA and were reinbursed their money, so be aware the larger vans with AA we are now both with RAC no restictions at all.

Archived