You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Bristol & Bath to charge for polluting vehicles
AuthorMessage
userBS20
Posted: 15 January 2021 1:48 PM
Subject: Bristol & Bath to charge for polluting vehicles

Liking what I've found

Heard today that the charges will soon come into place at £9 per day in Bristol, which is outside of Baltic Wharf camp site.
It will cover most of Bristol central area.
Not sure of Bath area or charges yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-55667755
userSteve928
Posted: 15 January 2021 2:57 PM
Subject: RE: Bristol & Bath to charge for polluting vehicles

Epic contributor

Bath is from March 15th. but Euro6 goes free.
It will likely lead to an increase in traffic through the historic centre of nearby Bradford-on-Avon.
Crossing Bath N-S it's already a difficult choice which of the 2 obvious routes to take (in a large vehicle which can't use the small Bathampton toll bridge) so the charge will make the decision easier and the pollution much worse for Bradford.
userRobinhood
Posted: 15 January 2021 3:15 PM

You can check eligibility for free access here: (for imminent Bath and Birmingham implementations currently).

https://www.gov.uk/check-clean-air-zone-charge

(Initially, it wasn't able to identify Motorhomes correctly, but now appears to have been updated (at least in so far as it now identifies mine correctly, whereas previously it didn't))
userrooster63
Posted: 16 January 2021 11:20 AM

Keeps coming back for more

Not sure from the initial post whether the Baltic wharf site is inside the Bristol charging zone?
Also I think that the Bath site at the marina is outside but will need careful route planning if coming from the north or east of Bath to avoid the charging zone.
userKeithl
Posted: 16 January 2021 11:25 AM

Lord of the posts

rooster63 - 2021-01-16 11:20 AM

Not sure from the initial post whether the Baltic wharf site is inside the Bristol charging zone?
Also I think that the Bath site at the marina is outside but will need careful route planning if coming from the north or east of Bath to avoid the charging zone.

There is a zone map here https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/view-map-baths-clean-air-zone

Keith.
userRobinhood
Posted: 16 January 2021 11:28 AM

Any effect on Baltic Wharf (which I suspect is inside the zone, though the maps are indistinct) will be limited. Notice has been served.

The Club has been operating Baltic Wharf campsite for several years on a renewable, short term lease while the Council planned for redevelopment of the site into up to 190 new homes.

Sadly, notice has now been served to us, which means that we will be required to vacate Baltic Wharf by 31 May 2021. However, pitches at the campsite are still on sale for arrivals up to 16 May 2021, departing no later than 12pm, 17 May.

In 2017, we purchased a new location, just one mile away near Ashton Court, and we recently received a positive response from the local planning office. There are still a number of hurdles for us to get through before planning consent is granted, but we are hopeful that this new location will be approved for development into a touring site soon.

If and when the new location at Ashton Gate opens, however, the route in via The Portway/Hotwells will be relevant. There are rather conflicting maps, but it appears that there may be a "corridor" over the Brunel Way bridge.
user23addy46
Posted: 22 January 2021 3:16 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi good afternoon all,

Just checked our MH against the GOV/Registration/Bath 'Pollution Charge' to find a £100 per day costing quoted ?

Can't see many MH's choosing to visit the future new CMHC site unless some form of exemption is worked out with the Council ? We wont for sure...
Dave A
userDeneb
Posted: 22 January 2021 3:23 PM

Pillar of the forums

Mine is shown as a car for CAZ charging purposes, with no charge to enter either zone. 2016 Euro 5+ PVC registered as a motorhome, PLG tax rate.
userKeithl
Posted: 22 January 2021 3:30 PM

Lord of the posts

23addy46 - 2021-01-22 3:16 PM

Hi good afternoon all,

Just checked our MH against the GOV/Registration/Bath 'Pollution Charge' to find a £100 per day costing quoted ?

Can't see many MH's choosing to visit the future new CMHC site unless some form of exemption is worked out with the Council ? We wont for sure...
Dave A

Apply for a discount in advance...

https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/get-exemption-or-discount-baths-clean-air-zone

"Drivers of all higher emission PHGVs (larger motorhomes and horse transporters) can pay a daily charge of £9 rather than £100 in Bath’s CAZ. Once registered with the council, you must pay for each journey using MiPermit. There is no expiry for this discount, but you will need to renew your details with us each year."

Keith.
userPJM
Posted: 22 January 2021 4:38 PM

Liking what I've found

Plenty of other places to go, their loss. Stay outside and travel in on public transport, bikes, toad
usercrocs
Posted: 22 January 2021 9:58 PM

Has lots to offer

When I read the headline, I wondered why anyone would want to pay for their vehicle to be polluted!
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator