Brittany Ferries - Club Voyage query

michaelmorris

We're hopefully off to Brittany in our van next year. :-) We'll be sailing from Plymouth to Roscoff with Brittany Ferries. Joining the Club Voyage scheme looks like a possible option for us as it offers 30% discount to tickets (not night cabins though). The scheme is a one-off £70 joining fee + £70 a year (including the first year). If we were planning on taking the van to Western France every year this would be a no brainer. However, we are not.

So here is my question. If we let our membership lapse for 2 or 3 years, will we have to pay the joining fee again or is this a one-off fee for life?

Michael

Club Voyage membership terms and conditions can be found here

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/club-voyage-travel-club/terms-and-conditions

The last sentence of the final paragraph of the General Conditions section says

"Membership will be considered lapsed and terminated if renewal fees are not paid within three months of expiry.”

So if you failed to renew Club Voyage membership within 3 months of the end of your initial 1-year membership period, you’d have to pay another registration fee (plus the annual membership fee) if you wanted to rejoin the scheme.

Living in Devon, its a no brainer to use Plymouth-Roscoff- we get well over the subscription back even if we only cross once. There are also other benefits, perhaps more appropriate on this longer crossing, like the free day cabin on outbound afternoon crossings and inbound morning ones. If you use overnight and have a cabin you also get a very useful value for breakfast.

Even if you use the other crossings, which are sometimes cheaper than Plymouth to Roscoff, the savings are well worth it.....

I do agree though that you need to keep the membership current, but in the scale of things, I think that's a reasonable fee.

Got a reply from Brittany Ferries. If I let the membership lapse for more than 3 months, then I have to pay the £70 joining fee all over again. Unfortunately, even with a free day cabin for the return journey and breakfast on the way, it simply isn't going to be worth joining. :-(

globebuster

Or perhaps Michael could pay you £35 (or maybe a little more for the privilege) and you could add him as an Associate to your Brittany Ferries Travel Club membership. Then he’d have all the benefits of full Club membership (30% trip discount, free/cheap cabin, etc.) without him having to pay the £70 + £70 registration/membership fees for the one-off trip to France he is planning to make.

Archived