Broken bed Swift Escape 644

malcy

The bed has succumbed to wear and tear after nine years of use, not bad l suppose but not good either. It is made up by sliding out slats between two bench seats which face each other, a typical and very common method of bed making favoured by the caravan / motorhome industry,

Problem is with the runners which guide the slats as they are pulled out, they take some of the stress and weight of a person as you lie on the bed, they are now splitting and beginning to pull away from the seat bases they need replacing I have been looking on the internet but so far been unable to find the appropriate part. Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to source one before I go the route of trying through the main dealer would be welcome.

I've followed this forum for many years and I've often been impressed by the sleuths on here who seem able to magic up anything at the click of a button. So there you go guys, Your challenge for today should you choose to accept it. (?) ;-)

malcy - 2022-08-08 5:46 PM

Take a bow guys you came up trumps again. Should arrive Thursday. Leisure Warehouse on e bay. Thanks again !!

Glad it's on the way to getting sorted.

I used to be dead against using the likes of ebay "..if folk just keep ordering online, then there'll be no actual shops left.." etc

But when you're being met with, and sent around the houses with, "..Nah! dunna stock 'em mate,we could try ordering you one?....Nah!.canna get 'em mate.....who did you buy the van off?....we can book you in for three months time and have a look at it?..." etc, it's good to have "options" :-D

I've since found ebay to be really handy, even for relatively straight forward stuff (why travel a 10-15mile 'round trip to a trade counter/wickes/DIY store etc on the off chance they might have what you are after, when you can rummage around the likes of ebay and have it sent to your door, usually free,in a couple of days?).

Archived