Broken key in lock

Coachman

On holiday down the New Forest and managed to break the key to rear locker. Went to several dealers who all said have nothing like it or that has to be renewed.Got back home , went on internet and found locksmith one mile away from us.Gave him the barrel and it took him three minuets to get key out. He then said if you give me the other half I will make another key from that pattern, which I did. I then asked for two keys one for the spare set and one for myself, plus I wanted another key made for our garage where we only had one.Total cost £9.Whilst waiting for the keys had a look around and could not believe my eyes to how many types of barrel locks as used in campers/caravans he had, with two keys to each barrel they were around £8. What a find. His telephone number is 01424432882 Unit 4 Haywood Way Hastings TN354PL

• 7 years later...

Two questions..,.

1: Having asked about a locksmith in Hastings, why have you picked a locksmith 90 miles away in Richmond that you think might be able to sort out your caravan's broken key?

2: Has the Richmond locksmith been successful in addressing your broken-key problem and, if so, what was involved in fixing the breakage and what was the cost?

Archived