Bruges

cruiser

There are a couple of French towns named “Bruges”, but I’m guessing you are referring to “Brugge” (“Bruges”) in Belgium.

It’s a longish trip of some 800 kilometres.

https://tinyurl.com/y7eezo2s

I’ve not driven it in its entirety, but it’s a simple matter to go from Roscoff to Caen on fast non-toll roads.

From there to Brugge, it really depends on how much you are prepared to spend on motorway tolls compared with how simple and quick you want that journey to be.

It’s certanly practicable for the vast majority of a Roscoff-Brugge route to involve dual-carraiageway or motorway roads.

Just a warning about the drinking water at the main Brugge aire. We were there in June and about to fill a container from the normal (used it for years) drinking water tap when our attention was drawn to a new sign saying that it was no longer suitable for drinking. We questioned this with the parking attendant who said “The water is the same water that has been used for the all the years that I have worked here, but now some idiot (his words not mine, and in perfect English) has decided that it’s not suitable for some reason and stuck the sign up. It’s the same in the coach park but that tap they have turned off completely.”

My own feeling is that someone has decided that the drinking tap is more convenient than the dump tap to be used for washing out and has acted accordingly. If the situation is still the same than I think that E25 is a bit much for an aire with no drinking water, however conveniently situated. Note that you can pick up bottled water from the supermarket at the railway station about a ten minute walk away.

Ron

Archived